“Look, Ash, we may or may not ever see the light of day again... but I really like Agnes and I think she likes me.
― Kristofferson Silverfox, Fantastic Mr. Fox
Kristofferson Silverfox is one of the main protagonists in the Fantastic Mr. Fox Film. Kristofferson moves in with his cousin Ash and his family due to Kristofferson's father having double pneumonia. Kristofferson's stay at the residence causes Ash much jealousy due to him excelling in many of the activities at school and Kristofferson naturally being more skilled in most areas. Kristofferson is asked to come along on daring missions but Ash's father never asks Ash which makes Ash believe Kristofferson is favored above him. Eventually, Mr. Fox (Ash's Father) has his tail shot off by the evil farmers in which both Ash and his cousin attempt to retrieve it. They are unsuccessful as Kristofferson is captured. Ash and his father reconcile in the end when they save Kristofferson and Ash is given a specially made ski mask from Mr. Fox to show his love for him. Kristofferson is a prime example of someone who is caring, even though his prime interest is not being social, he still has love and support for his family while treating others (even those who can be rude) with respect.
Why he doesn't have beagle ticks
- He's willing to defend his own cousin when Ash could not defend himself.
- He is brave and always ready to go on missions when given.
- He won a trophy on his first ever time playing Whack-Bat.
- He is willing to teach karate
- He has excellent table manners, shown when he cleans himself with a napkin.
- Instead of any destructive solutions, Kristofferson meditates when in stressful or angering moments.
- When Ash takes credit for his trophy, he does not get angry and lets Ash take credit for his accomplishment.
- When he extinguishes the science experiment that was destroyed by Ash's bully, he still looks out for the bully telling him to step back.
- He accepts Ash's apology for making jest of his father's illness.
- Agnes is attracted to him and Kristofferson feels the same way back.
- Somehow he manages to get Ash and Agnes at the end of the film to meditate with him.
- He prefers apple juice over grape juice.
- Kristofferson gets irritated at ash and accuses him of spreading rumors even though Ash himself denies it and there is no solid evidence, only word of mouth.
- He throws an acorn at the ground which bounces all over the room but does land inside the cup he is holding, the acorn could have easily hit or knocked something very valuable over if the calculations were not right.
- He attends the risky adventure with Mr. Fox and Kylie despite the obvious fact they have to sneak out because they are aware that Mrs. Fox disapproves of their journey.
Kristofferson hiding with Kylie
Kristofferson & Coach Skip
Mr. Fox, Kristofferson, Kylie
Kristofferson when angered
- He wears blue while the rest of Mr. Fox's family does not have any article of blue colored clothing.
- Kristofferson's coach refers to him coming from the "other side of the river".