"Don't let your kids watch this!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Reason: Gratuitous violence.
Kishou Arima is the major antagonist of the horror/supernatural series, Tokyo Ghoul, Tokyo Ghoul:re and also the main protagonist of its spin-off/prequel, Tokyo Ghoul: Jack. He was a Special Class Ghoul Investigator famously known as the CCG's Reaper.
He is voiced by Daisuke Namikawa.
Why He is the CCG'S White Reaper
- Arima isn't a character who is rightfully heroic or downright villainous. He's just a guy who kills to fullfil his duty as an investigator.
- For a character who doesn't say much, he can be really badass. A nonchalant, man, but very ruthless when killing ghouls, which makes him very dangerous.
- His fights are amazing.
- Awesome design. Even back when he was a teenager.
- He doesn't hold back when fighting, he can basically rip his enemies as if they were tissue paper, and managed to defeat Kaneki in just minutes or even seconds during his first encounter with him.
- Despite him almost killing Kaneki in the last few chapters of Tokyo Ghoul, he still acts like a father to Kaneki/Haise.
- Normally, Arima would've disposed Kaneki then and there, but chose not to.
- He's the type of person to still keep on going. Even with his strongest weapon being already destroyed, Arima still made use of his weapon that is already beyond repair to keep on fighting until he kills Kaneki.
- His weapons/ quinque, Narukami, IXA, most importantly, the owl are mostly well designed.
- Arima realized his regrets before his death, that he felt a semblance of sympathy and guilt for killing a lot.
- He is responsible on why Kaneki had amnesia in the first place.
- There wasn't a single reference on how his hair turned from blue to white overtime.
- Arima shares the same birthday as Kaneki, which is December 20.