Kanna Kamui (Japanese: カンナ カムイ Kanna Kamui) aka Kanna Kobayashi is a recurring character who is Tohru's best friend in Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.
Why She Rocks
- Like Tohru before her, she has a really adorable design; especially in her human form.
- The way she talks is also very adorable by an extent; especially when talking to Tohru and Kobayashi.
- Not only is her human form nicely design, but her dragon form's design is also lovely to look at.
- Kanna shows a lot of politeness and honesty.
- She does her best to protect Tohru, and Kobayashi by an extent.
- She is also good friends with Saikawa, Shouta, Lucoa, Elma and Ilulu.
- Kanna is known to be generous as well; Kanna and Tohru let each other share rooms.
- Unlike Tohru, she has the ability to hide her horns; especially when going to school (Similar to Elma when she goes to work).
- She develops a clingy habit towards Kobayashi and Tohru, though particularly the former. Her clinginess comes from being neglected by her own parents for years, and thus she's always looking for her caretakers to be more affectionate to her.
- She has spawned several internet memes.
- She managed to get a spin-off manga all to herself, and volume 8 of the main series pretty much revolves around her relationship with her father.
- During her trip to New York, she rescues Chloe from her kidnappers and becomes good friends with her. She is one of the few where she shows her true form to her.
- Her sub voice actress, Maria Naganawa does a very good job voicing her, as she fits her character and childlike nature.
- Despite doing a decent job, her dub actress, Jad Saxton, doesn't fit her character well.
- Although they share a good chemistry, the sexual innuendo between Kanna and Saikawa can be turn-off to by many fans.
- Her personality is somewhat a resemblance to Renge Miyauchi from Non Non Biyori. Both are described as very smart, their expressions almost never change, and they love to do random things.
- Kanna never smiled during the anime up until Season 2, episode 1, where she smiled, as she was eating her omelet rice.