Julie Ortega is the homeroom teacher of The Chipmunks at West Eastman High School, Toby Seville's old friend and love interest, and one of the supporting characters in Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. She is one of the only likable characters in the film series.
Why She Rocks
- She is one of the likable characters that were created specifically for the live-action film series, which is good considering how lackluster those films are.
- Anjelah Johnson did a good job playing as her.
- She is very sweet and kind, being welcoming to the Chipmunks when they first came to school, and helping them practice for the music contest.
- She is very friendly to those around her and regularly smiles, especially the Chipmunks, the Chipettes and Toby.
- She gives good advice to the Chipmunks and the Chipettes when needed.
- She's mainly the reason for the absolutely adorable scene with Theodore and Eleanor, since she convinces Eleanor to talk to him when he is distressed about missing Dave, and about Alvin and Simon's quarrel.
- She loves Toby and he enjoys his company, even with his weird qualities. She likes the short song he sang to her at the music concert, and that he delayed the concert so that Alvin and the Chipettes arrive just in time. It was very sweet to see them hug while the Chipmunks and the Chipettes were singing.
- She does have a few cute moments, mainly with Toby, and as mentioned above, setting up that absolutely adorable scene with Theodore and Eleanor.
- For being in only one of the films, she still made an impact as one of the sweetest characters in the franchise.
The Only Bad Quality
- Just like Claire, Dr. Rubin, Miles and Ashley, she sadly only appeared once in the franchise.