"Don't let your kids watch this!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Josuke Higashikata is the protagonist of Diamond is Unbreakable, the fourth part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure by Hirohiko Araki. He's the fourth JoJo in the series. The illegitimate son of Joseph Joestar, Josuke is a high school first-year residing in the town of Morioh. He soon meets Jotaro Kujo, and after his grandfather dies, Josuke takes it upon himself to protect his beloved town Morioh from malevolent Stand users. His Stand is Crazy Diamond, which has the ability of repairing pretty much anything.
Crazy Diamond? Fix this page and show everyone how great I am!
- Much like Giorno, Josuke is an extremely laid-back individual unlike the previous JoJo protagonists who tend to be loud and short-tempered, though he isn't afraid of getting his hands dirty when going berserk (i.e. someone mocking his hairstyle or hurting his friends).
- His personality and attitude both make him a perfect foil to Jotaro.
- Josuke is very friendly and kind-hearted, since he treats his own friends, allies and family with a lot of respect (even if that includes people with rotten personalities and the silliness of his mother Tomoko). In fact, almost every enemy he defeats ends up becoming his ally (and even goes the extra-mile by sacrificing himself to save the lives of some of them) except for those who have committed truly heinous actions (such as serial killer Anjuro Katagari), but even then, much like Batman, Josuke is shown to have some mercy on them by refusing to killing them, instead resorting to giving them a very fitting and nightmarish fate worse than death as punishment considering their crimes.
- He has a highly flamboyant and distinctive design that makes him stand out among the rest of the other protagonists.
- He has a unique hairstyle stylized into an epic pompadour that further adds more flare and substance to his appearance, and he meticulously grooms it every day to preserve it, though he will get savagely enraged if someone pokes fun of it.
- Related to the previous, Josuke has an extremely sympathetic and tragic yet very well-done backstory about how he got violently ill of a mysterious fever at the age of 4 and how his mother Tomoko tried to rush him to the closest hospital, only for her to get stuck due to a violent blizzard, until a stranger came by and helped her pass through the snow. Motivated by this act of heroism, Josuke decides to honor his savior by copying his hairstyle, which explains why he gets angry when someone mocks it, since it's the equivalent of disrespecting the man that saved his life.
- He has shown a lot of skill such as strength and stamina as well as courage and determination, which has helped him overcome a lot of dangerous obstacles throughout his numerous feats.
- He's very intelligent and strategically cunning as well, being able of pulling off clever schemes to achieve his goals and, much like his father Joseph, come up with some pretty creative ways to defeat his enemies.
- Just like every JoJo protagonist, he's a complete badass, being able to overwhelm a lot of foes with little effort.
- Yuki Ono does a fantastic job voicing him, and so do Billy Kametz and Wataru Hatano.
- Josuke's Stand, Crazy Diamond, is extremely powerful, has an outstanding design and has the ability to restore a lot of stuff, and its "DORARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARA—!!" battle cry is very good and memorable.
- He has plenty of funny, epic and memorable moments, such as his facing with Rohan Kishibe, his final confrontation with Yoshikage Kira and his catchphrase "This is great!".
- His leitmotif is pretty epic and captures his whole character perfectly.
- He can make some boneheaded decisions at times (especially when angered), which can sometimes lead to his undoing.
- He gets extremely angry whenever someone insults his hair, causing him to become relentlessly violent and indiscriminately assault whoever made the insult no matter who they are, though this can be justified considering his tragic past (as said before). Other than that, he's a very calm and kind person.
- According to official information in his profile, Josuke's favorite musician is Prince.
- Josuke's hairstyle bears a striking resemblance to Elvis Presley's trademark pompadour.
- His Zodiac sign is Gemini.
- Josuke's hobbies include listening to music, watching TV and playing video games.
- He has an immense fear of reptiles, especially turtles.
- Yuki Ono, Josuke's Japanese voice actor, has also voiced Caius Lao Blastail in The Titan's Bride, Louis in Beastars, Mycroft Swallow in Devils and Realist, Moral in Hamatora, Ren Kagaya in On Air, Dimitrie Vatler in Strike the Blood, Hawkeye in Trials of Mana and Indra in High School DxD.
- Billy Kametz, who voices Josuke in the English dub, also voiced Ferdinand von Aegir in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Naofumi in The Rising of the Shield Hero, Colt in Brawl Stars, Anai in Aggretsuko, Arden in The Seven Deadly Sins, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Fate/Grand Order - Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia, Rui in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba and Naoto Kurogane in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle.
- According to Hirohiko Araki himself, Josuke is his favorite JoJo protagonist.
- Content Warning
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure characters
- Japanese characters
- Characters that are often misjudged
- Beware the nice ones
- Intelligent characters
- Anime characters
- Shonen jump characters
- Shueisha characters
- Fan favorites
- Internet memes
- Large Hams