"You see, to be the fastest on a Gear, you have to become one with the wind! Without wings, well, you might as well kiss the ground and go home!"— Jet, Sonic Riders (2006)
Jet the Hawk (ジェット・ザ・ホーク Jetto za Hōku) is a fictional character from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He is an anthropomorphic hawk and the leader of the current generation of Babylon Rogues. He is known as the "Legendary Wind Master" (伝説の風使い Densetsu no kaze tsukai) due to his mastery of Extreme Gear riding, which has earned him an impressive reputation.
Why There's No Way He's Gonna Lose
- He's one of Sonic's greatest, if not, most iconic and well-known rivals in the Sonic series.
- In the first Sonic Riders, he's shown to be cocky and rebellious just like Sonic, but he's also seen to be calm, cool and collected.
- Like many Sonic characters, he's got an interesting character design.
- He shares some pretty fair chemistry with his comrades Wave and Storm, with the former being the tech-wizard of the Babylon Rogues and the latter for always staying by his side, ever if for his stupidity. In the end of the first Sonic Riders, he also respects Sonic as a great rival and is often willing to race with him again if he wants to.
- He gets plenty of character development in the first Sonic Riders game and it continued on in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.
- Speaking of Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, his and Sonic's rivalry is just as entertaining as ever like in the first Sonic Riders game. The game's story also delves deeper into his (along with Wave and Storm's) history too.
- In the ending of Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, he imposes a friendly challenge with Sonic as they raced through the tunnel, which is considered one of the best scenes in the game.
- He's well-voiced by Jason Griffith.
- Even when he makes mistakes, he's aware that he knows when he does something wrong and learns from his mistakes afterwards.
- His knight counterpart in Sonic and the Black Knight, known as Sir Lamorak, is pretty cool.
- He made an appearance in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games as one of the rivals in the game.
- He's got a lot of memorable quotes such as "Just sit down and relax. Chill, Wave.", "Hmm, I think it's time for a little fun!", "No way I'm gonna lose!", "No sweat!", "Ha! The dirt suits you so well!", "Some things never change, huh? But enough of this friendly banter, Sonic; you better make sure you're ready when we meet face-to-face once again!" and "It's been a while, Sonic the Hedgehog!".
- While Jason Griffith did a memorable job voicing Jet, his voice for him in the first Sonic Riders sounds cringeworthy. Thankfully, it got better later on in the first Sonic Riders and improved a lot in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.
- In the beginning of the first Sonic Riders, he doesn't have much personality other than coming off as a typical arrogant and self-centered jock rival. Thankfully, he got some character development later on.
- Unfortunately, like most Sonic characters, he suffered from flanderization in Sonic Free Riders where he acts extremely mean to other characters and belittles them for no reason. Luckily, at least he got his old personality back in the later Mario & Sonic games as well as Sonic Dash and Sonic Forces: Speed Battle.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Video game characters
- Sonic the Hedgehog characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- Chaotic Neutral characters
- Former villains
- Crossover characters
- Badass characters
- Funny characters
- Characters that are super lazy
- Decent characters
- Characters with polarizing voices/qualities
- Fan favorites
- Characters with blue and orange morality