|Not to be confused with a member of Team Rocket from Pokemon with the exact same name.|
Jessica "Jessie" Santiago Prescott is a fictional character who is the titular main protagonist in JESSIE. She's sweet, caring, smart, clever, and polite who can say silly things at times, but she still cares about her charges. Jessie doesn't make sense sometimes but is still a fun person to be around. She considers herself a struggling actress when she hasn't really acted at all. She loves Luke Ross, Emma Ross, Zuri Ross, and Ravi Ross like they are her own family. Jessie was portrayed by Debby Ryan.
Why She Rocks
- She is a very likable main protagonist, becoming a loyal nanny to the Ross family.
- Hey Jessie!
- Jessie always does her best to be there for the Ross kids, and always gives them important lessons in life.
- She knows how to stay prepared and brave in a situation, such as her adventure with Spider-Man.
- Debby Ryan did a spectacular job playing as her.
- She’s gotten some great character development, as she starts off as a struggling, new nanny, but then learns more about taking care of the Ross family, and became a strong, loyal woman who considers the Ross family as her own.
- Her chemistry/bonding with the Ross kids and Bertram is very touching and one of the best parts of the show.
- She’s shown to always risk her life in order to protect her family, which is heartwarming.
- Her stories about her past boyfriends are very funny, and also pretty sad.
- While her acting skills were lacking, she is also good at many other things, like when she is a skill athlete, shown in her adventure with Spider-Man.
- Her failed attempts at auditions is very funny, and she has managed to make her acting better as the series progresses.
- She has many, MANY hilarious and memorable moments that’ll leave you ROFL.
- She has a good relationship with Tony, even when they took a break for a little bit, and they got back together in "The Ghostest With the Mostest".
- "Jessie Goes to Hollywood" is where she was at her best, even when she was in Hollywood, she sensed that the Ross kids were there, and she saved them from danger. She accepts her acting job in Hollywood after the Ross family inspires her to. The part where she says goodbye to the Ross family to achieve her dreams in Hollywood is very emotional and well-executed. They had one last heartwarming moment together when the Ross kids went back to Hollywood to cheer her on.
- Around season 3 (in reality), Jessie wouldn’t really need to be the Ross’ nanny anymore because the Ross kids have all became teenagers and/or pre-teens at that time.
- She wasn’t quite as a strong character in season 1, but the character development helped her out.
- She can be obnoxious and mean-spirited at times.
- She, along with Bertram, can be disrespected at times, as the Ross family is pretty rude to her at times.
- She has never returned for a guest appearance in Bunk'd.
- Jessie, Luke Ross, Zuri Ross and Ravi Ross are the only characters to appear in every episode.
- Jessie is the first Disney Channel protagonist to experience marriage and the first to be in their 20s.