NOTE: This is the 300th article!
Jay Walker, born as Jay Gordon is the Blue Ninja, Master of Lightning, the adoptive son of Ed and Edna Walker, and the biological son of the Previous Elemental Master of Lightning and the actor Cliff Gordon. He is known as the comedic ninja as well.
Why He Rocks
- His comedic traits are funny. Even if they weren't intentional, Jay is a great example of what a comic relief would be.
- Even though he has reluctance and humor, that doesn't slow down his character development in any way.
- He is big-hearted, and has feelings especially for Nya. He will do anything to put her out of risk.
- He also cares about the other ninja too.
- His role in season 6 was true character development, despite the fact that it was erased, though Jay remembers it. So did Nya.
- His realization that Ed and Edna are his adoptive parents is one of the greatest reveals within the series.
- Even when Lloyd and the others are trapped in the Sword of Souls, he became a great leader of the Ninja Replacements (which includes Dareth, Skylor, Ronin, the Police Commissioner, Echo Zane, and Captain Soto) to rescue Nya and use his final wish against Nadakhan, wishing that he was not a Djinn.
- His final wish to erase the timeline to stop Nadakhan, restore Ninjago, and save Nya from her death is the wisest thing he ever done.
- He has a great friendship chemistry with Cole, with him being the hilarious and childish ninja, while the other being the strongest and mature ninja.
- Though not loathsome, he did get negatively flanderizedLCW, becoming a comedic idiot.
- This wasn't the first time that happened to Jay, in the LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin videogame, he has gotten much dumber than he usually is, causing Kai, Cole, Zane and Nya to be annoyed with him. But thankfully, he's recovered in season 5.
- In the first two episodes of Season 9, he frequently said that he had "found it" while he lost his own sanity, due to his mental breakdown he developed since his arrival in the First Realm (also called the Realm of Oni and Dragons).
- In Season 13, he initially did not think hard of the outcome if Queen Murtessa of the Munce Tribe wins after a duel with Nya, which would lead to him becoming the Munce King and breaking the Yin-Yang Promise with his Yang.
- He can be annoying and immature sometimes, even when he, Kai, and Zane pranked Cole to have him "relax" inside Sensei Yang's Haunted Temple in season 5.
- He does sometimes rush into decisions, endangering his friends, especially Nya. For example, he made his first wish to Nadakhan without telling anybody.
- Like the rest of the Ninja as of Season 8, he lost his abilities of using Airjitzu and summoning his Elemental Dragon, so he won't look overpowered.
- Jay is the first ninja to have a love interest (Nya).
- He is voiced by Michael Adamthwaite, who is also Ray Pember from Death Note.
- He is the second ninja to unlock his true potential, the first was Zane.
- He is very similar to Zenitsu Agatsuma from Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba:
- Both are lightning-users; however, the difference is that Jay uses his Nunchucks of Lighting or his Elemental Powers while Zenitsu uses his katana with Thunder Breathing.
- Both share the same set of personalities of being a coward and in love.
- They have love interests whose older brothers are fire users (Nya and Nezuko Kamado).
- They have allies who are physically stronger and obsessed with food (Cole and Inosuke Hashibira).
- They tend to scream and panic in dangerous situations.