James (Japanese: コジロウ Kojirō) is a member of Team Rocket, more specifically part of a trio with Jessie and Meowth, that follows Ash Ketchum and his friends around in the Pokémon anime, usually trying to steal Ash's Pikachu.
Why He Makes It Double
- James is a very funny villain, along with Jessie, as they, along with Meowth, are always following Ash and his friends to try and steal Pikachu.
- He and Jessie make awesome main villains in the show, as they come up with many plans, some of which almost works.
- James’s Pokemon, such as Growlie, Cacnea, Mareanie, and Morpeko are awesome (especially Mareanie and Morpeko).
- He got more funnier and smarter as a villain as the episodes went on.
- Whenever he’s not a funny villain, there were times where he’s a hero, and has saved many lives and many legendaries on more than one occasion. He has such a big heart for Pokémon deep down, he even helped save the Ekans and Koffings that Arbok and Wheezing want to save, along with Jessie and Meowth, and he also saved the Pokémon, including his Mime Jr. and May’s Munchlax, from his own teammates at his Nanny and Pop-Pop’s place, showing that he puts family first above his criminal friends.
- There is also some other good in his heart, as there were also times where he works with his teammates and they betray other Team Rocket members by ruining their plans.
- Even if he’s a villain, he believes in treating Pokemon with respect deep down and has every right to get angry at anyone who abuses their Pokemon, like how cruel Paul was to Chimchar and how he abandoned it in the end.
- He has a deep bond with his Pokémon and he loves them very much.
- His friendship with Jessie and Meowth is good, as they have been together since Team Rocket training school and are always there for each other when needed.
- He, and his friends, also does hard work in jobs that are not evil to earn money and help him and his friends live and survive throughout their journeys.
- He is such a great character, that even Nintendo had put him in some Pokémon games, along with James and Meowth.
- He can be decent in some battles he has, like how his Pokémon helped Jessie win contests and showcases, and that Mareanie can show off her great strength, like how she defeated a Totem Gengar, and that his terrifyingly strong Morpeko has shown he can take on Pikachu and Cinderace and give them a fair fight. Also, when he and Jessie with Mimikyu and Mareanie faced Ash and his Pikachu and Rowlet in the early episodes of Sun and Moon, they were able to beat him with just their Pokémon, which gave them their first fair win against Ash.
- He has a pretty rough past, as he was forced to endure formal society while growing up, and he saw how controlling and overbearing Jessebelle was and didn’t want to marry her, so we can understand why he became a villain in the first place.
- He has some good things from his past, such as his summer cottages, his loving grandparents, Nanny and Pop-Pop, and two of his Pokémon, Growlie and Carnivine, so his past wasn’t as bad as Jessie’s.
- He is easily the most nicest member of the Team Rocket trio, as he tries to be reasonable with his friends, and is often the member who does the most good for not just his teammates, but Ash and his friends as well.
- He has greatly redeemed himself since Black & White: Adventures in Unova and Beyond, and has remained his lovable self since then.
- He was Flanderized in the first 2 Black & White seasons, where he became boring and a "good" villain, and not in a good way. Thankfully, he has redeemed himself since the third season of Black & White.
- He can be unlikable sometimes, especially when he interrupts Ash during a battle and when he slows him and his friends down during their journey.
- His obsession with bottle caps, while hilarious, is also mainly boring.
- He can be a jerk to his friends sometimes, not just Ash and his friends, particularly when he fights with Jessie and Meowth over food or other things.
- His Sun and Moon design looks pretty off-looking to most people, but it's mainly the face. Luckily, his personality was still the same (unlike the beginning of the Unova era), but after Sun and Moon, his face design thankfully changed to a much better looking one in the currently running Journeys series.
- Even before and after the first 2 seasons of Black & White, he, along with Jessie and Meowth can sometimes avoid "blasting off" when their plans fail, and basically get away with his actions Scott-free.
- James uses the alias "Jameson" at times.
- James has owned three Psychic-type Pokémon which is more than any other main character thus far.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Anime characters
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- 2020s characters
- Characters that are often misjudged
- Decent characters
- Beware the silly ones
- Laughably evil
- Japanese characters
- Characters that are incompetent
- Unintentionally sympathetic
- TV characters
- Pokémon characters
- Friendly characters
- Beware the nice ones
- Characters who went downhill