Jack Skellington is the main protagonist in the stop-motion classic film, The Nightmare Before Christmas. He holds the title of Pumpkin King in Halloweentown & brought Christmas to the same town. He also appeared in Kingdom Hearts to help Sora, Donald, and Goofy defeat the heartless. His love interest is Sally, whom he rescued and Santa Claus from The Oogie Boogie Man.
Why He’s A Pumpkin King
- He's kind, caring, compassionate, and loyal to the people around him aside from his job of scaring people.
- He likes sharing the same joy he had with others, especially Sally.
- Also, the relationship he starts to grow with Sally is engaging, cute, and interesting.
- He is an excellent singing voice and is talented at singing. His most notable songs include "This Is Halloween" and "What's This?" where he discovers Christmas.
- Speaking of which, his voice actor fits his hammy and charismatic tone of voice.
- His iconic character design includes a black pinstripe tuxedo, long legs, a spider bow tie, and a wide smile.
- He proven to show how courageous he is when he single-handedly foiled Oogie Boogie's plan with murdering Santa and Sally in the film's climax with both his quick wit and prowess.
- His Pumpkin King persona (as well as the song "This Is Halloween") really brings out the faithful and charming vibes of Halloween. And it is very enjoyable.
- Especially with how graceful he really is.
- When Jack almost ruined Christmas, he helps Santa restore Christmas after redeeming his mistakes of misunderstanding.
- His ambition with wanting to be Santa Claus almost ruined Christmas, but he later regretted it and easily redeemed his misunderstandings to Santa.
- Despite this, he forgets that being The Pumpkin King is what made him depressed in the first place. Which makes it weird to hear that Jack wants to go back to being a Pumpkin King again.
- When he let his ambitions become his prime focus over other things, he can come off as misunderstood and unintentionally stubborn in his own way.
- Some of the faces he does at the film may be scary for some children, although they match their personality.
- One of these faces was at the meeting scene on how he discovered Christmas Town, and when he finishes his presentation, he makes a evil smile, and along with a sinister red background, makes this one of the most sinister scenes of film.
- Another of these faces he does is at the moment where Lock, Shock and Barrel fail at bringing Santa Claus at Halloween Town. They fight for chosen Easter Bunny as the wrong person, and Jack throws a big roar, with a mouth full of theeth and a pointed tongue.
- His design can be distrubing for some people.
- Jack's design was so memorable and iconic that it appears a lot in many Halloween stores more than casual Halloween supplies, this was also discussed in Nostalgia Critic's video of the movie.
- Disney characters
- Horror characters
- Movie characters
- Video game characters
- Characters with good voices
- Musical characters
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- Large Hams
- Optimistic characters
- Intelligent characters
- Friendly characters
- Beware the nice ones
- Relatable characters
- Likable characters
- Characters with blue and orange morality
- Cartoon characters
- Characters with dark powers
- Characters with fire powers