WARNING! Spoilers ahead!
This article may reveal some pointers such as ones from the Manga or Light Novel of certain anime.
Isabella (イザベラ, Izabera?), also known as Mama (ママ; English "Mom"), was a major character of The Promised Neverland and the main antagonist in the Introduction- and Jailbreak Arc.
Isabella worked as a caretaker in Grace Field House, taking care of the orphans that resides within. Although initially appearing as a loving and affectionate mother towards the children, she actually has a twisted nature and shows much detachment to their tragic fates.
After Emma, Ray, and 13 other orphans escaped from Grace Field House, Isabella accepted defeat and as her antagonism ceased, she wished them farewell as she watched the children leave.
Despite letting 15 children escape from the farm, Peter Ratri and the higher-ups decided to ship out Sarah and promote Isabella to the Grandmother of Grace Field instead. Isabella, however, planned to betray Peter from the very start, confident that her children would come back and that she could help them once that day arrived.
Why She Rocks
- She's a example of a tragic antagonist as her past is that after seeing her friend Leslie being sent to the demons she either had a choice to either die or become a mother, in which she choose the later to survive.
- Despite sending numerous children to the demons were they are eventually killed she actually does care for them.
- Her sacrifice to protect the children Chapter 177 was very meaningful
- Both Yūko Kaida (Japanese) and Laura Post (English) did a great job voicing her.
- Unlike many people when they lost she accepts her defeats and even wished the children the best in the future.
- She as previously mention (and though out of her will) she sent many of the children of Grace Field House to the demons.
- She broke Emma's leg for trying to escape.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Articles containing spoilers
- Characters that are often misjudged
- 2010s characters
- 2020s characters
- Fan favorites
- TV characters
- Optimistic characters
- Book characters
- Shonen jump characters
- Shueisha characters
- Movie characters
- Intelligent characters
- Comic Book characters