Hogarth "Hoagie" Gilligan Jr. a.k.a. Numbuh 2 is one of the four deuteragonists of the 2002 animated series, Codename: Kids Next Door. He is a German-American Kids Next Door Operative in Sector V.
Why He Rocks
- He is the overweight, intellectual, aviation enthusiastic, pun-cracking boy of Sector V, which gives him a lot of funny moments.
- He is Sector V’s mechanical genius, and while least skilled in the art of combat, he makes up for it with his great intelligence, adaptability and unwillingness to give up.
- Numbuh 2’s skills are shown from building simple but effective inventions, to building the entire Sector V Treehouse, which is impressive.
- He was also able to see true colors of some people, like Numbuh 3’s sister, Mushi, in Operation: C.L.U.E.S.
- He cares about his teammates very much, and even though not shown as much as Numbuh 3, it’s still regularly shown throughout the series.
- He’s shown to have a great and hilarious interest in food, especially chili-dogs (which is Sonic the Hedgehog’s favorite food).
- He is the only person who is able to stomach Gramma Stuffum’s grotesque food to a greater extent than his teammates, which is helpful when facing her.
- In Operation: D.O.G.F.I.G.H.T., he is shown to love flying and would occasionally refers to himself as "King of the Skies".
- He has a close bond with his baby brother, Tommy Gilligan, despite the fact he finds him annoying most of the time as seen in Operations: T.O.M.M.Y. and T.R.I.C.Y.C.L.E. According to Numbuh 1, Numbuh 2 taught Tommy how to build ships before Tommy became a KND operative.
- It’s also funny to see how his jokes tend not to work out on his teammates, and as a result, Numbuh 5 would often hit him with her trademark hat or complain about his wisecracks.
- He has a close friendship with Numbuh 1, and like Numbuh 4, he was devastated when Numbuh 1 joined the Galactic KND in Operation I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S.
- Numbuh 2 has an a too big obsession with technology, as when he was forced to stay in Sector A, with no technology, in Operation: A.M.I.S.H., he begged Numbuh 1 to take him back to the treehouse.
- He tends to go too overboard with his food interest, such as when he ate all of his family’s turkey, the whole thing, in Operation: C.L.U.E.S.
- Not all of his jokes land, especially the one-liners.
- He tends to foolishly listens to Numbuh's conspiracy theories and ignores Numbuh 5.
- He and Numbuh 5 are the only members of their sector who have American-style accents.
- Despite being Numbuh 2, he is not second-in-command of Sector V, the occupation belonging to Numbuh 5.
- Operation: I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S. shows he married Numbuh 5 in the future.
- The episodes where he is the main character tend to be heavy parodies of film noir, old west or political movies/novels, implying he enjoys these genres.
- 2000s characters
- American characters
- Cartoon Network characters
- Intelligent characters
- Cartoon characters
- Video game characters
- TV characters
- Beware the nice ones
- Friendly characters
- Crossover characters
- In love
- Sarcastic characters
- Internet memes
- Funny characters
- Hilarious characters
- Codename: Kids Next Door characters
- Movie characters
- Optimistic characters
- Cartoon Cartoons