NOTE: Not to be confused with the Pokémon character of the same name.
Hilda is the main protagonist of the graphic novel and Netflix series of the same name. She is a cute young adventurer who's companion is Twig, an Albino deer/fox hybrid, where they often conquers even the most dangerous monsters.
Why She's The Life of an Adventurer
- She's a highly likable protagonist who makes a decent role model for children around her age.
- Her deep love for adventure and discovering the unknown, makes her a mixture of Finn from Adventure Time, Flapjack from The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, and Dipper Pines from Gravity Falls.
- She has a really appealing and cute character design, one that suits her personality very well and resembles her original design from the original graphic novels.
- She's strong and loyal to her friends and everyone around her.
- Unlike most animated kids characters, she has a nice sounding British accent. (She was voiced by a real British voice actress.)
- She has experience dealing with mythical creatures and solving their problems.
- She isn't a feminist, and doesn't constantly brag about being a "strong independent woman" or having "girl power" at every opportunity, instead treating her gender as a completely normal occurrence.
- Due to her show being aimed towards a more younger demographic, a lot of her dialogue are simple and cheesy.
- She can be pretty rude at times, mostly in the graphic novel.
- Speaking of which, in the graphic novel, she would argue with her mom a lot, but thankfully the animated series solved that problem by not making them argue at all.