"If I weren't so excited, I'd be confused!"— Hamtaro
Hamtaro (ハム太郎, Hamutaro in Japan) is a male hamster and the main character of the Hamtaro franchise. A happy and energetic hamster, Hamtaro lives out each day in the spirit of friendship and fun, and is always there to lend a helping hand.
Why He's Here to Help You
- His design is super cute, simple and very well done, and yet it can also be iconic, expressive and animated like when he moves his ears for example.
- Hamtaro is friendly and kind to everyone he meets and he's often willing to help his friends out when they're in danger, no matter what the scenario is.
- He's also incredibly brave, fearless and heroic, for example, he saved Penelope from a cat in one of the first episodes.
- He shares great chemistry with his Ham-Ham friends and his chemistry with Oxnard, Boss and his owner Laura stand out the most.
- His relationship with Bijou is adorable and outside the anime, their relationship with each other is stronger like in Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak for example.
- He's a good role model for kids since he can teach children to help their friends out.
- Like Pikachu and Mickey Mouse, he's probably one of the best known rodent characters in animation history.
- He's well-voiced by Kurumi Mamiya and Chiara Zanni respectively.
The Only Bad Quality
- Despite Bijou, Sparkle, Oshare and Barrette developing a crush on Hamtaro (Lapis also kissed him in one episode, but that was simply a thank you kiss so she doesn't count), his innocent nature makes him somewhat clueless about their crush on him and love in general. So, he's got a lot to learn.