(Redirected from Goofy (Disney))
Goofy was created by the Walt Disney Company, and he is a tall, anthropomorphic dog who appeared with pals Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.
Why He Is A "Gawrsh"-ing Character
- He, along with his pals Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, is one of the most popular characters to be created by the Walt Disney Company.
- In fact, he is one of Walt Disney's favorites!
- He (along with Donald Duck) is also very loyal to Sora from the Kingdom Hearts video game franchise as well!
- When he first appeared in 1932, he is notable as one of the very first comic relief characters ever created in the history of animation, as well as the very first of all the "dopey simpleton" type comic relief characters, which paved the way to other similar characters such as Pete Puma and The Three Bears' Junyer Bear from Looney Tunes, Junior (of George and Junior) from Tex Avery MGM cartoons, Baby Huey from Harveytoons, Stimpy, Patrick Star, Homer Simpson, and Ed from Ed, Edd n Eddy for example, which was considered pretty unique and original back in the day.
- He is a very kind-hearted, good-natured, and happy-go-lucky yokel who always has a positive attitude toward almost everything and everyone he encounters! He is the type of person who sees anyone he meets as a potential friend like his pals, Mickey and Donald.
- As he continues after the 21st century, he has grown to be an even more lovable and likable character in every adaptation/show/movie he's appeared in by being a simple country bum that has moments of providing hilarity, enjoyability, and comedic relief.
- With that said, he has a humble and innocent personality who is also very optimistic and blissful.
- His blissfulness usually keeps him from any legitimate harm, as he tends to walk away from life-threatening danger with a smile.
- He has a memorably "goofy" voice! (which fits him in a very iconic way, mainly because of his southern drawl that fits his personality).
- As his name implies, he is very silly, dopey, foolish, harmlessly eccentric, wacky, and ridiculous in a way that's funny.
- While this characterization as an immensely clumsy character is generally played for laughs, there are times in almost all of his portrayals when Goofy can be charming and/or charismatic as well.
- His iconic yell: "AAAAAH-HO-HO-HO-HOOEY!" is timeless and hilarious.
- He even has his own TV show and two movies.
- In spite of his silliness and dimwittedness, he has had shown a level of intelligence, as he is shown to be a great sports player in his "How To" cartoons, which requires the ability to follow tactics.
- With that said, he is also smart enough to raise a child as a single parent; Max's development into a mature and responsible adult proved that his parenting skills with being a wacky and silly yet responsible Papa-Wolf was shown to be completely reliable.
- He can either be wise or so simple that he can have moments of having insight. The biggest example includes incarnations of himself like the episode "Guru Goofy" from Mickey and the Roadster Racers, where he thoroughly gives tons of helpful advice to Donald in eccentric ways so he can succeed at winning the race by telling him to "be the baloney" as a form of concentrating at what Donald needed to focus on in a calm and determined way. Which brought great courage and determination to Donald.
- In his very own movie, A Goofy Movie; he was able to have serious, emotional moments with his son Max by showing how much he cares and is shown to be very relatable like many other dads' struggles with bonding with their children.
- He can be predictably clumsy and incompetent quite often, as his name implies.
- His design (while cute, appealing, iconic and fitting) can make it hard to tell that he even is a dog at all in his future appearances since many thought he is something of a gangling cow or some sort of cartoon creature instead of a dog with human characteristics. In spite of this, he did present some dog-related instincts in some of his appearances like floppy ears or ear raises, for example (considering that his earlier appearance as Dippy Dawg was easier to tell what he is). But he does however strongly resembles Mickey's dog Pluto, resulting to confusion between the two.
- While he is still likable in The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse (2013) and not as bad as Donald Duck, he was (marginally) flanderized to being a whole lot dumber than before. Thankfully, he redeemed himself once season 6 begins.
- The theory that was originally a joke that had the question "Is Goofy a Cow?" had led to some lore about Goofy.
- Some of these theories include him being a hybrid dog man since Pluto was originally designed to be a typical dog, and Goofy was meant to be human.
- His original name was Dippy Dawg.
- Disney characters
- Cartoon characters
- TV characters
- 1930s characters
- 1940s characters
- 2010s characters
- 1950s characters
- 1960s characters
- 1970s characters
- 1980s characters
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- Dynamic characters
- Internet memes
- Funny characters
- Quirky characters
- Comic relief
- Kingdom Hearts characters
- Characters that have traveled through time
- Characters with blue and orange morality
- Intelligent characters
- Dumb characters
- Immature characters
- Innocent characters
- Hilarious characters
- Likable characters
- Optimistic characters
- Friendly characters
- American characters
- Disney Channel characters
- Mickey Mouse characters
- Disney Junior characters
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade characters
- Accident-prone characters
- Characters that are incompetent
- Beware the nice ones
- Beware the silly ones
- Strong characters
- Logic breakers/defiers
- Lucky characters
- Important characters