Gol and Maia Acheron are the main antagonists of the 2001 Naughty Dog video game Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.
Why They Rock
- Their designs are impressive for 2001 standards.
- The final boss battle featuring them is unique, where Jak makes White Eco.
- They are voice acted so well.
- They command armies of Lurkers from Misty Island.
- They serve as an evil counterpart to Jak and Daxter if they are poisoned by Dark Eco.
- Gol Acheron is the Sage of Dark Eco, making him an enemy of Samos Hagai.
- As he gets hit, he says “We’re not going to take it!” This is a clever Actor Allusion to Dee Snider.
- He has a cool voice filter to indicate that he is corrupted by Dark Eco.
- She is attractive to look at.
- They weren’t brought up or seen in the sequels. It doesn’t help that they were probably destroyed by the Dark Eco and they are more family friendly unlike the characters who originated from the more adult oriented sequels. As a result, they can seem jarring.
- Unlike the villains from the sequels, they are part of an Excuse Plot.
- Unlike her brother Gol, she isn’t as fleshed out.