Godínez (Gordon in English) is a character in the series El Chavo del Ocho and in the animated series of the same name.
Why He Rocks
- Like most of the other characters on the show, his character is very funny and can generate a lot of laughs from the audience.
- Horacio Gómez Bolaños did a great job playing him.
- He has a lot of funny and unforgettable moments like the times when teacher Jirafales asks him something but he never knows the answer, or the times he unintentionally interrupts his class while doing something like whistling or playing a flute.
- He, along with Ñoño, Paty and to a lesser extent Popis, is one of the few kids that treat Chavo nicely, and proves to be a good friend to him (at least in the 70s and animated series), unlike Quico and La Chilindrina.
- He also has a lot of funny lines.
- Despite being a kind of a filler character, he managed to be popular and memorable among fans.
- The face he makes while Don Ramon takes a picture of him.
- His design in the cartoon, like most of the other characters, is very well done, and it was a good choice for the animators to change the color of his clothes from yellow and black to green and blue.
- Despite being a popular and memorable character for fans, he barely plays any big role in the series, and generally serves as a filler. It's a shame because he is a great comic relief and should have appeared more.
- However, this is because Horácio Gómez Bolaños didn't show much interest in being an actor, and wanted to focus more on the script part, even though he enjoyed playing Godínez.
- His personality changed a bit in the original series in the years of 1983 and '84 in order to replace Quico. In those 2 years, he somewhat treated El Chavo a bit poorly by yelling at him at times.
- He is more dimwitted than ever before in season 3 onward of El Chavo Animado, but he was not that dumb in the original 70s and 80s series. But at least he was still likable.
- His voice is a bit irritant, depending of your view.
- Live-action characters
- Cartoon characters
- Friendly characters
- Gullible characters
- Dumb characters
- 1970s characters
- 1980s characters
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- Optimistic characters
- Mexican characters
- Funny characters
- Comic relief
- Internet memes
- TV characters
- Hilarious characters