General Grievous (born on an unknown date on Kalee; died 19 BBY on Utapau) is the supreme cyborg commander of the Confederacy of Independent Systems' Droid Army and a major antagonist in the Star Wars universe.
He first appeared as a minor antagonist in season 2 of the Legends 2003 miniseries Star Wars: Clone Wars, and later served as the main antagonist of Season 3. He is also the secondary antagonist of both Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and the 2008 TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and a posthumous antagonist in the 2019 video game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.
Why He A Fine Addition To Star Wars
- He is a very intimidating threat in the Legends continuity and the 2003 series.
- He's shown to be a great warrior. As he fought 5 Jedi and kills everyone of them.
- His backstory is a bit heartbreaking, where he lost his love interest and his people suffering from starvation due to the Republic imposing fierce sanctions on their home planet.
- His hatred against the Jedi is pretty understandable, seeing how he was lied to by Count Dooku.
- His voice in the 2003 series sounds really threatening compared to how he sounds today.
- He is basically a foreshadowing of Darth Vader.
- His fighting skills are awesome in the 2003 series.
- His design is unique.
- His character development is pretty good in legends, unlike how he was portrayed in Revenge of the Sith and 2008 series.
- Iconic theme song.
- Some memorable lines like "Run Jedi, run. You have only prolonged the inevitable." "Jedi scum.".
- Sadly, he was flanderized in Revenge of the Sith and the 2008 Clone Wars series, mainly because George Lucas did not like the general's portrayal in the 2003 series and did some questionable directing with this character. He went from being a nigh omnipotent and nearly unstoppable killing machine, to acting much weaker and cowardly in both and even getting killed by a blaster in a pretty dull way.
- He often talks too much.
- He got beaten by a bunch of gungans for some reason, when he should've have killed them in a second.
- In his first appearance in the Legends miniseries Star Wars: Clone Wars he was significantly more powerful than in his later appearances, being able to defeat multiple members of the Jedi council at once with relative ease.