Frieza is the self-proclaimed "Emperor of Universe 7". He is the main antagonist of Dragon Ball Z's Frieza Saga and Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F', and the secondary antagonist of Dragon Ball Super: Broly.
Why He Rocks
- He has an eerily calm exterior that masks his sadistic personality.
- He's one of the most famous villains in the Dragon Ball franchise.
- His fierce blood feud with Son Goku.
- His and Goku's fight on Namek symbolized how much different of an enemy he was, unlike the previous villains like Piccolo, Raditz, Nappa and Vegeta.
- All of Frieza's four forms have unique appearances.
- He's the reason why Goku unlocked the Super Saiyan transformation.
- He's also the reason why Goku became the hero we know and love today (since he destroyed Goku's homeworld, Planet Vegeta).
- He's dangerously smart. During the battle of Namek, when he realized that Dende was the one healing Piccolo, Krillin and Vegeta, he killed him with an exploding Death Beam in order to tip the battle in his favor.
- His fights with Goku and Vegeta are epic.
- His voice actors, Ryūsei Nakao, Linda Young (original) and Christopher Ayres (Kai to Super: Broly), did an excellent job voicing him.
- He helped Team Universe 7 win the Tournament of Power and was revived by Whis as a favor, immediately going about rebuilding his empire so that he could destroy Goku once and for all.
- His theme song "Only the chilling elegy" by H.E. Demon is extremely thrilling and epic!
- His forms, while unique, can be a bit too terrifying for some viewers.
- He underestimated Goku while he was battling him on Namek, a key trait for most villains.
- He's incredibly racist, as evidenced by him calling Saiyans "monkeys" and "dirty apes", but this is most likely intentional.
- His name is a rephrase of "freezer". Akira Toriyama envisioned a fridge while creating him, and so he and all other members of his race are named after cold-related things.