Flapjack is the main protagonist of the Cartoon Network series, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. He is the adopted son of Bubbie, best friend of Captain K’nuckles, and is the friendly adventures child who lives in Stormalong Harbor. He is voiced by the series’ creator, Thurop Van Orman.
Why He's Marvelous
- Flapjack is another amazing character from Cartoon Network, who is an adorable and kind kid.
- He has plenty of heartwarming moments, especially with Bubbie and K'nuckles. And also when he befriended Cammie in Cammie Island.
- Flapjack has a good character design, and it’s very cute.
- Thurop Van Orman did a great job voicing him.
- The adventures he goes on are interesting, which is why he loves adventure.
- He works off with Bubbie and K'nuckles well and they help each other out.
- Flapjack cares about his family and friends very much, as Bubbie raised him to be sweet and K'nuckles shows him the spirit of adventure.
- Even if he’s oblivious to K'nuckles bad traits, that doesn’t mean there aren’t moments where Flapjack calls him out on his bad actions, such as when K'nuckles was a bad mayor and so Flapjack stepped up to be the mayor.
- He pushed the boundaries for what was acceptable for a kids' show at the time, with a lot of gross-out, scary moments, and innuendo.
- He’s a good singer, as shown of when he sang at the Knot Festival, which entertained K'nuckles and the audience that heard it.
- He learns more as the series progresses, and he also helps Bubbie and K'nuckles learn themselves, such as not to peek on dairies like his.
- He is friendly to everyone he meets and never tries to start a fight.
- He can be annoying sometimes.
- He never made it to Candied Island.
- He has some REALLY disturbing moments, such a moment during "Oh You Animal!", when he looked very disturbing. It also got up to the point where even kids to teens to adults have claimed that he had given them nightmares.
- Flapjack can be perceived by some as a Gary Stu. This is because even though he is a sweet guy, Flapjack has done some terrible things such as getting K’nuckles and another kid banished from Stormalong Harbor in one episode and he gets away with it scot free. This is doubled with the fact that Bubbie refuses to discipline him as she perceives him as an angel who is incapable of doing any wrong and it often results in K’nuckles being punished unfairly for Flapjack’s behavior.
- He can be a really gross and disgusting characters sometimes as he is responsible for some of the gross out moments of the show such as making a fair brother out of body parts from K’nuckles while he was sleeping.