Fatman, also known as Al Yankovic, is the main protagonist in his own show within a show The Adventures of Fatman, which is a cartoonish segment from The Weird Al Show. He is an average, mild-mannered employee who works at a donut shop called Donut World, and whenever help is needed he grabs a donut and taking a simple bite allows him to emerge into the obese, moronic yet childlike, heroic, crime-fighting alter ego simply known as Fatman. He is voiced by "Weird Al" Yankovic.
Accompanied by his sarcastic yet intelligent and trusty hamster companion Harvey, Fatman faces crime while his faithful sidekick joins along and guides Fatman into acts of heroism because of Harvey's acumen and intelligence.
Why He Rocks
- Having an alter-ego with a separate and distinctive personality all by eating a donut is a very interesting idea for a cartoon character.
- Fatman is very dumb, but he often presents his idiocy in a hilarious way. His dimwittedness is also fun to watch.
- In spite of his stupidity, he is very strong and skilled, as he's truly destined to stop any form of evil. No matter how ridiculous his motives can be.
- While Fatman is generally dense and naive, he can be somewhat talented with his heroic actions from time to time. Especially when he is proven to be very competent at the end of every episode, despite his misguided antics and scatter-brained nature.
- Fatman is a simple-minded but charming Idiot Hero.
- Fatman is a very childlike, helpful, affable, and loyal character to be around when he wants to be.
- Despite Fatman being absent-minded and immature most of the time, he is very loyal and trusting towards Harvey.
- He has his fair share of moments of showing some amount of intelligence, one example of these includes pointing out how leaving coleslaw in the sun will make it rot.
- Al and his alter-ego, Fatman, both have a good character design.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic does a good job voicing him.
- It's never explained how Al goes back to being skinny in some shorts after eating a donut that makes him huge.
- Like many idiot heroes, his stupidity often blinds him from some of his actions to the point of being very oblivious and/or childish.
- He usually leaves Harvey to do most of the work solving problems and Harvey often guides Fatman into some heroic actions, prior to his cluelessness.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Cartoon characters
- TV characters
- 1990s characters
- Strong characters
- Beware the silly ones
- Magical characters
- Dumb characters
- Immature characters
- Gullible characters
- Optimistic characters
- Quirky characters
- Lucky characters
- Characters that are incompetent
- Characters with blue and orange morality
- Large Hams
- Funny characters
- Hilarious characters
- Friendly characters
- Likable characters
- Characters with good voices