"I DON'T TALK LIKE THAT!!!" — Tori Vega
This page is a candidate for deletion.
The following reason has been specified: Originally on loathsome characters since the show is mostly badly received
|Note: portions of the template sample may not be visible without values provided.|
|View or edit this documentation. (About template documentation)|
|Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox and test case pages.|
Lets you suggest the deletion of this page.
The reason why you want the page to be removed.
Tobias "Fanboy" Cranapple III and Sir Edmund "Chum Chum" Chummery are the titular main protagonists of the former critically-panned, now redeemed Nicktoon of the same name. They are a pair of boys dressed as superheroes and wear their underwear on their pants. The duo spends their day to day lives seeking adventures while irritating everyone around them. Fanboy is voiced by David Hornsby, while Chum Chum is voiced by Nika Futterman.
Fanboy and Chum Chum are a hyperactive duo who spend most of their free time hanging out in the local convenience store or having all sorts of wacky adventures in their house. The two are usually upbeat and imaginative. At times, they are even able to have friends like Kyle tag along and join them.
Why They Deserve Frosty Freezy Freezes
- Their friendship can be charming at times.
- They are funny during some of their moments.
- The duo have a very strong bond and can even serve as a great example of friendship.
- The two are always willing to save the lives of those are in danger.
- Despite their occasional annoyances, they deeply care for their friends.
- They can be cute sometimes, especially Chum Chum.
- They do (although rarely) get their comeuppances for their actions.
- David Hornsby and Nika Futterman do an excellent job voicing Fanboy and Chum Chum.
- Their rise from the "But Awesome" memes helped peak their popularity and made them far more likable. In fact, it serves as the main reason as to why this series gained more positive reception and lagacy.
- Their annoyances can be hilarious to watch at times.
- They can be smart at times, mainly Chum Chum.
- They can be kinda relatable at times.
- They did get a bit better in season 2 (most notably in the second half), though not by much since most flaws still remain (even in the second half).
- Their occasional action scenes are pretty fun to watch.
The Only Bad Quality
- Unfortunately, they also have enough flaws to have a page on the Loathsome Characters wiki.
- The creator of the series Eric Robles, based the Fanboy and Chum Chum from Batman and Robin from the Batman franchise.
- Eric Robles claims that the reason behind Fanboy and Chum Chum's parents either being missing or completely absent was because Robles grew up as a latchkey kid.
- The series won five Emmy awards.
- The two have visited the real world a couple times including: Slime Day and Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2012.