"Don't let your kids watch this!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Reason: Heavy topics will be discussed
Eric Theodore Cartman, or simply Cartman is one of the main characters as well as the primary antagonist of the Comedy Central adult sitcom South Park.
Why We Should Respect His Authoritah
- Cartman is one of the most iconic South Park characters alongside the other members of the boys, even being voted the most famous character, thanks to his personality.
- His downright evil schemes are very entertaining and funny most of the time.
- That even led his ex-girlfriend Heidi Turner to act like that in season 21.
- He mispronounces things in a very funny way like "skewl", "Kahl", etc.
- Not only that, "BUT MIUUUUUUUM!"
- Despite being racist and homophobic, he was a pretty good role model on how NOT to act in such a manner.
- He often gets punished for his bad actions.
- Like many of the South Park characters, he has a cute design.
- He mischievous attitude is one of his funniest traits.
- His rivalry with Kyle never gets old.
- On top of that, his rivalry with Scott Tenorman is just as hilarious as his rivalry with Kyle. Not only is Scott Cartman's rival, but he's also his older half-brother too.
- His insulting song of Kyle's mom is pretty entertaining and catchy.
- Unlike Stan and Kyle, He, along with Kenny were never flanderized during the show's decline throughout season 20 and still kept their original personas during that season.
- On top of that, we saw a more kind side of him in season 20. (which was one of the few good things about that season)
- Cartman's concept of being a modern-day Archie Bunker-like child is genius.
- Aside from the bad things he has done, he also did good things at multiple times:
- He saved the world from Saddam Hussein by shocking him with the V-chip that was implanted on him.
- He spared the pangolin that was used to stop the COVID-19 pandemic after listening to Stan's speech about him wanting his life back.
- Other good things include saving cows from being slaughtered, curing AIDS, freeing hostages, bringing Ike back, stopping a pedophile, rescuing cats, stopping Osama Bin Laden, and helping Shelley get back at Skyler.
- Cartman's alter-ego, The Coon is laughable, yet cool looking.
- His abuse towards Butters and Kyle has dialed down a lot.
- In more recent seasons, Cartman is also maturing and slowly but surely redeeming himself and dialing down his evilness.
- Furthermore, he did say in "Stunning and Brave" that he wanted to start over with Kyle.
Intentional Bad Qualities
NOTE: These traits were likely made on purpose.
- As stated in WHR#2, he can be an asshole at times; in fact, it is frequently suggested throughout the series that he is a psychopath even if he is meant to be like this.
- Even though he was still a good character, he was somewhat out of character from Season 20 and 21, since he's shown to be a kind person in those seasons, which isn't his character whatsoever, but at least he got his personality back in Season 22.
- He tends to be mostly egotistical, mean-spirited, and spoiled.
- He is racist, homophobic, xenophobic, sexist/misogynistic, and ableist as proven by him calling Token a "black asshole" and using the words "fags", "sl*t" and "r******d/r****d".
- Although he normally gets his just desserts, sometimes, he gets off scot-free for his actions, making him a Karma Houdini with episodes like "Scott Tenorman Must Die", "Jared Has Aides" and (to a lesser extent) "Ginger Kids" being the worst offenders.
- But with all of these bad things, he is slowly maturing.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Content Warning
- Comedy Central characters
- Cartoon characters
- TV characters
- South Park characters
- Badass characters
- Cute characters
- Dumb characters
- Funny characters
- Characters that are super lazy
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- 2020s characters
- Chaotic Evil characters
- Beware the silly ones
- Laughably evil
- Large Hams
- Fan favorites
- Sadistic characters
- Decent characters
- Characters with polarizing voices/qualities
- Unintentionally sympathetic
- Characters with blue and orange morality