Elizabeth "Eliza" Thornberry is a fictional character that appears in the Nickelodeon animated television series The Wild Thornberrys as the protagonist of the show. She is voiced by Lacey Chabert.
Why She Rocks
- Eliza is a very likable protagonist, as she’s the girl who can magically talk to animals, and it’s really cool, but totally secret.
- Being a pre-teen, she’s gone on a lot of adventures, and using her powers to help animals.
- She likes to help anyone she can, whether it’s humans or animals.
- She’s very loyal to her family and friends, especially to Darwin, Donnie and Debbie.
- She loves to go on adventures and has a very bright spirit.
- She comes up with the most ideas to get herself and her family, as well as the animals around her, out of trouble.
- During The Wild Thornberrys Movie, she gave up her powers to save her sister, Debbie, from the poachers, Sloan and Bree. And after encouragement from her sister, she managed to save the heard of elephants from the poachers, which lead to the elephants fighting back against the poachers, and the poachers defeat, and got Eliza her powers back.
- She can be stubborn at times when it comes to either helping animals or following her parent’s orders.
- Like most Klasky Csupo characters, her design is a bit ugly, kind of like an ape, but not as ugly as most of the other Klasky Csupo character design.
- The fights she has with Debbie are annoying at times, but it’s typical for siblings to not always get along.
- She sometimes doesn’t follow her friend, Darwin’s, safe advice when near dangerous animals and/or situations.
- Since she’s still young, she sometimes can’t do much when in a situation, such as when Sloan grabbed her during the movie when she was helping the elephants and threw her into the river.