Eek is the main protagonist of the Eek! The Cat animated series and segments. He is a kind, purple, anthropomorphic cat who's always friendly, willing to help, and eternally optimistic, even when the world seems to be against him, and it often is. His mantra is "It never hurts to help!"; this often proved to be untrue. He is voiced by Bill Kopp.
Why He Rocks
- He is one of the kindest cartoon characters ever created in the '90s, one has to wonder how Eek began to be like this, considering all the stuff that gets thrown his way.
- He is a very kind, good-natured, and easygoing person. Despite all the pain and suffering, he goes through on a daily basis, he's still incredibly kind and well-intentioned. Episodes would generally end with the lad getting rewarded in some way or another, all for facing adversity squarely and for his selflessly good deeds.
- He is one of those characters that serve as a constant reminder for all of us to be brave, keep searching, hold family close, and never give up no matter how great the odds are against you; which shows when he is always trying to do his best in many episodes where he is quite unlucky and is always being subjected into tons of accident-prone situations.
- His motto is that "It never hurts to help!", although, with Eek, this is frequently not the case. Despite this, he's a good samaritan who's always ready to help, no matter what's squashing him or hitting him in that episode.
- He has an appealing character design.
- He's shown to show a ton of bravery in the misadventures he's subjected to despite his paranoia and mishaps, he even managed to survive the Underworld, succeeding in all the tasks the Devil set out for him.
- He goes through a lot of crap per episode, even more than your average Butt-Monkey, and yet he somehow never gives up.
- Also, he's the type of Butt-Monkey who never deserves to be put through all of the mortal danger he's subjected to and is frequently a victim of slapstick situations that often happen out of his control.
- While he isn't that much of an idiot, there are times when he gets oblivious.