The Doom Patrol are the title characters of the 2019 DC Universe (later HBO Max) original "Doom Patrol".
Why Doom Patrol Rocks
- Between them and 2018's "Titans", they choose to act like their own team than try to be too edgy.
- Despite their TV-MA rating, they do not try to act over-the-top with excess violence just like the title team in "Titans".
- Their tragic backstories are easy to sympathize with any of the characters.
- They are hardly mean to anyone unless they had a reason to.
- The team have more interesting character traits.
- Many of the members of the team are portrayed by A-List celebrities, including Brendan Fraser of Scrubs and George of the Jungle fame as the voice of Robotman.
- Rita Farr/Elastic-Girl retains her Causasian ethnicity instead of blackwashing her like what Teen Titans Go (2013-present) did to her incarnation on that show.
- Cyborg is on the team for some reason, although he was on the Teen Titans and the Justice League in the actual comics.
- Niles was responsible for the mishaps of many of his teammates. However, his motives were justified.
- Crazy Jane's negative behavior may unnerve some viewers.
- Their destruction of the town while stopping Mr. Nobody was what made them a pariah to many people.
- In the original comics, Cyborg was a member of the Teen Titans and the Justice League.