Mason "Dipper" Pines (born August 31, 1999, 5 minutes after his sister Mabel Pines) is one of the two main protagonists of Gravity Falls, who dares to investigate the mysteries of his summer home throughout the summer. He's smart, curious, and an adventurous 13-year-old boy spending the summer with his Great Uncle (or Grunkle) Stan in Gravity Falls, Oregon, where he and his twin sister constantly encounter the town's paranormal side. His voice actor is Jason Ritter.
Why He's a Very Good Mystery Solver
- He's self-conscious, compassionate, intelligent and national. He thinks much like a real detective, even outsmarting Wax Sherlock Holmes.
- Hes always looking for a new adventure and a new riddle to solve.
- He's very wise beyond his years.
- He gets irritated when someone calls him cute or adorable, which is adorable!
- He's more mature than most of the adults around him.
- Although he is twelve years old, he has a rather deep, adult-sounding voice, but it actually shows just how mature Dipper is for his age.
- When he knew he is going on an adventure with Mabel and sometimes Soos, he acts like the leader of the group and is shown to be very brave and smart.
- He outsmarted Bill Cipher multiple times.
- He's very protective of his sister Mabel, and will do anything to protect her.
- Despite being the serious character he is, he also tends to get in on the chaos, prior to living with Mabel his whole life.
- He is one of the best examples of "The Friendly Loved Boy" type.
- He's like one of the more paranoid conspiracy theorists like the one YouTuber who "doing" is cat.
- He's shown to be selfish and ruthless in pursuit of his goals sometimes.
- He can sometimes be a jerk.
- He has trust issues, and is shown to be skeptical about people and/or situations.
- While his voice actor Jason Ritter does a great job voicing him, he’s a big miscast since he sounds way too old for his age.
- Cartoon characters
- 2010s characters
- Intelligent characters
- Disney characters
- Disney XD characters
- Friendly characters
- In love
- Neurotic characters
- American characters
- TV characters
- Gravity Falls characters
- Disney Channel characters
- Fan favorites
- Relatable characters
- Important characters