Devon "DJ" Joseph was a camper on Total Drama Island as a member of the Killer Bass. He was also a cast member on Total Drama Action as a member of the Screaming Gaffers. He returned for Total Drama World Tour as a member of Team Victory. He was seen with the original contestants on a yacht in the first episode of Total Drama: Revenge of the Island, and had a cameo appearance in "Eat, Puke and Be Wary". He then makes two appearances in alternate universe Total DramaRama episodes "Gum and Gummer" and "Gumbearable" as a child.
Why He Swims Like a Killer Bass Should
- DJ has to be one of the nicest and friendliest characters in the show, as he is always helping people and being there for them, especially his teams.
- DJ has made many friends and very few enemies thanks to his great and gentle personality, only having only Alejandro, Chef Hatchet and Courtney as his enemies for understandable reasons. Everyone even grouped hugged DJ when he got eliminated in the first season.
- He has some funny moments, like when he tied himself to a tree, so he can stay standing even if he falls asleep, but fails as his strength is too much and ends up accidentally caused the tree to timber, as well as his ribbon dance.
- He helps his team out in many challenges in the first season, like overcoming his fear of snakes, pushing his team's boats from Boney Island back to the camp, and when he skydived onto a sofa bed.
- He’s shown to be quite strong, as he was able to even get himself freed after he got tied up.
- He got pretty far in the first season, as he made it to the merge, placing 8th in the competition.
- He also shows a caring side for animals, and will refuse to eat food that are made out of animals, like Dolphins, and that he shows care for the bunnies he took care of.
- He made a good team with Owen, Tyler and Cody in the special, and they had some funny moments.
- During Total Drama Action, DJ helps his team with their challenges, and helps them out.
- He’s shown to be an excellent cook, as he made some great food that his friends enjoyed.
- Even though Chef forced him into an alliance with him, that didn’t mean DJ was enjoying it, as the guilt soon built on him, to the point where he saved Lindsay from being eliminated, stood up to Chef and reveal their alliance, which led to him leaving the game. It was satisfying to see DJ stand up to Chef after Chef gave him a hard time.
- DJ had two passable cameos in Revenge of the Island, in the episodes, "Bigger! Badder! Brutal-er!", where he was dancing on the boat with Harold and Leshawna, and "Eat, Puke and Be Wary", where Chef forced him to come back to be a taste tester for the challenger’s food, and his fear of coming back is understandable, seeing that Chef has forced him into an alliance in the past, and how the island has gotten more dangerous due to the toxic waste. Eventually, he was able to free himself from the ropes and run away safely off the island, so he avoided tasting the foods that the contestants made.
- He made two cameo appearances as an alternate universe child in the Total DramaRama episodes, "Gum and Gummer" and "Gumbearable", both pretty decent.
- His designs as a teenager and as a kid are both good.
- Clé Bennett did a great job voicing him.
- He was badly flanderized in World Tour, as he became a crybaby who complains about an "animal curse". He does have passable appearances in Revenge of the Island, though.
- His appearances in Total DramaRama, while nice, were also sad, as his first appearance as a child had him floating away by wind after blowing up a bubble after chewing bubble gum, and that his second appearance was just a prediction.
- Even prior to his flanderization, both him and Geoff were unlikable and out-of-character in "If You Can't Take the Heat", where they helps Duncan bully Harold.
- He can be a wimp at times, but not as bad as his personality in Total Drama World Tour.
- DJ, Izzy, Anne Maria, and Ella, are the only contestants to leave in an episode in which their team won the challenge.
- DJ is one of the few characters to have dotted eyes, the others being Beth, Chris, DJ's mother, Harold, Miles, Mary, Pete, Rodney, Sam, and Tom.
- DJ is one of six contestants who is known for their love of animals and the only male character as well. The others are Bridgette, Dawn, Ella, Laurie, and Miles.
- DJ is one six contestants to be known by their nicknames, the others being B, Blaineley, MacArthur, Lightning, and Samey.
- DJ and B are the only contestants to go by their initials.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Cartoon characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- TV characters
- Decent characters
- Hilarious characters
- Characters who went downhill
- Controversial characters
- Canadian characters
- Cartoon Network characters
- Total Drama characters
- Beware the nice ones
- Friendly characters
- Fan favorites