Dave Stutler is the main protagonist of The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
Why He is the Prime Merlinean
- He is very intelligent, showing a passion for science and combining it with magic.
- He has several memorable moments, such as using his magic to make brooms come to life.
- When he was reluctant about his role as the Prime Merlinian, he finds the courage to step up to the challenge in order to save the world.
- His chemistry with his childhood crush Becky is endearing.
- He is quite diligent, as he refuses to give up, whether it be his sorcery training or saving the world.
- Jay Baruchel did an awesome job portraying his character.
- He has his funny moments, such as his complaining about wearing "old man shoes" and saying he loves them to spare himself from Balthazar's anger.
- Character development: After realizing Becky likes him for who he is regardless of his quirks, he becomes more confident in himself to step up to save the world.
The Only Bad Quality
- He is shown to be terrible at lying.