Dallas Wanamaker is a recurring character from Ratchet & Clank, notably in Ratchet: Deadlocked. He was voiced by Daran Norris.
Why He Rocks
- Dallas is the most quotable character in Deadlocked.
- The way how he mispronounces Juanita’s name is funny.
- Daran Norris did a great job voicing him.
- He and Juanita have good chemistry.
- He is considered one of the funniest news anchors shown in video games.
- His green skin is a clever Actor Allusion due to Daran Norris previously voicing Cosmo from The Fairly OddParents, who is also green.
- Unlike Juanita, he sometimes compliments Ratchet for his efforts.
- It’s hard not to feel sorry for him. He wanted to be a ballet dancer or would have worked on Annihilation Nation and is one of many people captured by Vox.
- Throughout most of the game, he constantly slanders Ratchet. This is justified because Gleeman Vox forced him to do that or he would die.
- He sometimes harasses Juanita.
- He had an unnecessary change in design for 2016’s Ratchet & Clank. Daran Norris didn’t even return to voice him.
- He talks very often during gameplay, which can get on players’ nerves. Luckily, the PS3 port doesn’t have him talk as much.
- He goes off script from his teleprompter.