Cyberpunk Penguin is a character in the fourth installment of the video game franchise Tasty Planet Forever. It is a penguin that was born with a mutation that makes it capable of flight. It has a practically endless appetite and can eat anything smaller than itself.
It is shown to have a very determined personality. This is shown throughout the game as it stops at nothing to eat everything humans have done to mess up the planet as well as various other things, be it fruit flies, little meat chunks, teriyaki sauce, bats, owls, bricks, garbage bags, humans, hovercars, apartment buildings, factories, and then entire floating islands, feeling no remorse at all no matter how much it eats.
The fourth installment of the series is Cyberpunk Penguin's only appearance as of yet. In the game, various penguins are shown feeling exhausted as they stand on a melting ice cap in hot weather during a post-apocalyptic future where pollution has run completely amuck and ruined the Earth. However, not all hope is lost, as just then, a mother penguin's egg hatches into a penguin with a mutation that makes it capable of flight. It quickly flies away to the city, ready to take back the planet.
Throughout the game, Cyberpunk Penguin is shown first eating fruit flies, followed by mosquitoes. It then grows larger and larger, eating ittle meat chunks, teriyaki sauce, bats, owls, bricks, garbage bags, humans, hovercars, apartment buildings, factories, and then finally, the floating islands cities humans live on, killing them all, purifying the planet, and getting it ready for restoration.
Why It Has Purified Our Minds
- Its design is adorable and super huggable, and makes you just want to snuggle it (although that would get a bit feather-y).
- Its endless appetite is hilarious, as it literally starts out eating fruit flies and then eventually grows large enough to eat entire cities.
- Its design is pretty funny and detailed.
- Its googly eyes just add to the humor and make things even better.
- The noises it makes are pretty adorable as well.
- It occasionally makes cute honking/braying noises when it eats.
- It did several different eco-friendly things throughout its journey.
- It sorted garbage and cardboard into the correct bins, implying that it's good at recycling.
- It saved electricity ate up all of the activated air conditioners on top of buildings due to it not being a hot day and therefore the air conditioners were just wasting energy.
- It ate up a bunch of polluting puffs of smoke in the air while also avoiding the wind turbines, due to them being the only eco-friendly energy source the humans were using.
- It sometimes gobbles things up without even realizing it, which is really endearing.
- Its ability to eat literal puffs of air and still grow in size from it is hilarious, albeit nonsensical.
- It's a creative parody of the grey goo scenario, a scenario where autonomous self-replicating machines create more and more of themselves and eventually take over the world.
- What makes this even better is that it isn't just a carbon copy of this scenario, as it is just one entity that instead of creating more of itself, replicates its cells to allow it to grow bigger and bigger the more stuff it consumes.
- Even when it grows to the size of multiple kilometers, it still has its same adorable honking noise, which is both hilarious and cute.
- It was able to escape from the ice cap it was trapped on hilariously easily.
- Although it has a number of unlikable things about it (see "Bad Qualities"), a number of them are fairly hilarious.
- It managed to evade the attempts the military made to stop it.
- Depending on how you look at it, it could be either a protagonist or an antagonist.
- Its strange abilities, while funny, are unexplained and nonsensical.
- Its world is a poor representation of what the future of humans may look like, as scientists have recently been creating various different things that will help restore the environment.
- It devoured black flies, bricks, styrofoam cups, cardboard boxes, humans, hovercars, apartments, buildings, factories, hovertanks, garbage bins, air conditioners, and entire islands/cities, which, while funny, is also super destructive.
- Its endless appetite can be kind of annoying to some people.
- Sometimes it's somewhat mean and eats things just for the sake of eating them.
- It's kind of stupid and oblivious, and it's often blinded by its voracious appetite that just makes it want to eat everything it sees.
- Depending on how you look at it, its eyes can look kind of soulless.
- It's pretty inconsistent, as sometimes it's does good things for humanity/animals, but other times it's just devouring everything.
- Technically speaking, it did destroy all the world's cities and by extension all of humanity...
Cyberpunk Penguin eating a little meat chunk.
The thumbnail of GrayStillPlays' video where he plays Tasty Planet Forever as Cyberpunk Penguin, called I consumed all life on earth.
Cyberpunk Penguin on the Tasty Planet Forever title screen.
- The only installment in the Tasty Planet series that features Cyberpunk Penguin is Tasty Planet Forever.
- In real life, it would be very unlikely for a penguin with Cyberpunk Penguin's anatomy to gain flight, due to its wings being far too narrow for air to lift them up.
- In Cyberpunk Penguin's Tasty Planet Forever cutscene, it is shown to be much larger than it actually is when you start the level.
- Cyberpunk Penguin is only featured in the seventh world of Tasty Planet Forever.