Courtney Gears is a secondary antagonist of the 2004 video game Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal.
Why She Rocks
- Courtney Gears is clever satire about modern pop music.
- She has a very appealing design.
- Melissa Disney and Nika Futterman did great jobs voicing her. The earlier even had an excellent singing voice.
- Her song is catchy and very memorable.
- She is an example of the Evil All Along cliche done right. Ratchet and Clank assumed that she was simply hired by Nefarious to make propaganda but in actuality, she is a heartless pop star.
- She is filled with well-timed Britney Spears references.
- Outside of a few cameos in Deadlocked, she hasn’t appeared in later games even though she gets frequently mentioned.
- She is a cold hearted woman who is no better than Dr. Nefarious.
- It isn’t explained how she got rebuilt.
- She converted Skidd McMarx into a robot.
- She is inspired by Britney Spears.
- Brad Santos and Paul Murda made a demo of her song so Melissa Disney could learn the music and lyrics.