"Lincoln’s partner-in-crime! Clyde is Lincoln’s right-hand man for any and all schemes, strategies, and shenanigans. They’re peas in a pod who like all the same movies, TV shows, and toys. Though Clyde’s an only child, he spends enough time with the Louds to be an honorary sibling."— Nickelodeon's Official description for Clyde
Clyde McBride is the tritagonist of the 2016-present Nickelodeon series The Loud House. He is Lincoln Loud's best friend and former classmate. He is also a nerdy, intelligent African American boy who is the adopted only child of same-gender couple, Howard and Harold McBride.
Why He's a Good Best Friend
- He is a great friend to Lincoln, Zach, Liam, Rusty, and Stella, and is really supportive.
- He not only supports Lincoln, but also his sisters, and he even tolerates their antics in most episodes:
- For example, in "One Flu Over the Loud House," Clyde cares for the Loud family after they all catch the flu.
- In "Living Loud: Surprise Party," Clyde helps the Louds and the Santiago siblings prepare for Lori's birthday party. The other known kids didn't exist at the time.
- Some of his Lori moments can be hilarious at times because of the way how Clyde acted when Lori appeared.
- Clyde is awkward and nerdy, but he's also caring, sweet, and supportive at the same time.
- He has perfect attendance at school since kindergarten.
- Lincoln can always count on Clyde to help him with a plan since they have great friendship.
- He is a happy kid who lives with two dads, serving as a good example that a child raised by gay parents can be happy.
- His voice acting is very good.
- Unlike most of the cast in the live-action awful A Loud House Christmas movie, he has a brilliant performance thanks to Jahzir Bruno.
- His design is good as well.
- He was thankfully not flanderized in the mediocre film, and still remains his original personality.
- Like Lincoln, he mostly has clumsy/accident-prone moments and can be a butt-monkey in the series.
- His nosebleeds when he sees Lori can be freaky and highly disturbing to see at times.
- His crush on Lori can be creepy because of big age gap between them as he is only 11 (now 12) while she is 17 (later 18). Eventually, though, his nose bleeds did go away as of mid-season 2, as he now sees Lori as a friend.
- While trying to protect his Snap game console from getting damaged in "Game Boys," he accidentally framed Lincoln for drinking Leni's kale juice, inviting him over, and not offering him a chair.
- Similar to Lincoln, Liam, Lynn, Rusty, Zach, and Stella, and to a lesser extent, Lisa, while it is nice to see him getting more focus on the show's fifth season onward, however, he has been getting so many episodes in said season onward, with his own centered episodes being:
Clyde with his dads
The Action News Team
Ace Savvy and One-Eyed Jack
- Clyde is allergic to gluten, but he can be seen eating things with gluten in a few episodes.
- According to the official The Loud House Instagram's segment "Ask Lincoln Loud", Lincoln and Clyde met by running into each other, dressed as Ace Savvy and One-Eyed Jack respectively.
- This was then confirmed and incorporated into "Deal Me Out".
- Early in the show's development, when the Loud family was composed of anthropomorphic rabbits, Clyde was a beaver - which is seen in the season 3 episode "White Hare".
- As of season 5, he now attends middle school and is no longer classmates with Lincoln due to Principal Ramirez doesn't work out for Lincoln to assigned to Mrs. Salter's class with his friends because there's no room left - forcing the latter to go to Mr. Bolhofner's class in a trailer instead.