Cloud Strife is the main protagonist of SquareSoft's 1997 RPG game Final Fantasy VII. He is the arch-enemy of Sephiroth, and a mercenary who aims to protect his planet and its people from the Shinra Electric Power Company.
Why He Has A Silver Lining
- Like Solid Snake, Link, Pac-Man, Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man and Simon Belmont, Cloud is a very iconic video game character, if not the most iconic.
- He typically uses his main weapon, the Buster Sword, in battle, which causes lots of damage to enemies, and its unusual appearance for a sword is very iconic as well.
- Cloud tends to ride on his motorcycle, the Hardy-Daytona, which he later uses in a specific mini-game to attack Shinra foes.
- He later appeared in Dissidia Final Fantasy games as a playable character, along with many other FF characters. This also makes him the character who is played in the most Final Fantasy games.
- Outside of the Final Fantasy series, Cloud also makes a few cameos in the Kingdom Hearts franchise, which is also developed by Square, as well as Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. series.
- The massive success of Cloud's game led to the creation of a movie called Advent Children, where he once again faces against Sephiroth.
- Cloud is able to purchase and ride a Chocobo at the Chocobo Farm, a trademark form of transportation.
- The iconic battle Cloud takes part in against Sephiroth is awesome!
The Only Bad Quality
- His personality in Kingdom Hearts are kinda messed up here. He was made much more of an angsty, brooding loner than he was in the original game (where he was surprisingly quite the opposite). This also may be for some reason why some people think that Cloud is an "emo".