Clarissa Darling is the titular main protagonist of the Nickelodeon series Clarissa Explains It All. She is a high-schooler who navigates with the everyday trials of being a teenager.
Why She Can Explain It All
- She is relatable to the audience, as she goes through everyday situations befitting of a typical adolescent.
- While she isn't as book smart as her younger brother Ferguson, Clarissa is intelligent and savvy, as shown as whenever she is in an awkward situation, she comes up with clever solutions.
- She knows that she is not perfect and makes mistakes, but she learns from them and grows as a person.
- Her breaking the fourth wall is as entertaining as it is educational.
- She cares about her friends and family very dearly.
- Despite the fact that she is annoyed by her brother Ferguson's bragging about his intelligence, she loves him deep down.
- Her fashion sense makes her stand out, as she mismatches her clothes to express her individuality.
- She is rather humorous with her sarcasm and innuendo references.
- Her telling Ferguson to go away is hilarious.
- Ferguson: Outta my way, tuna-breath.
- Clarissa: Get lost, pickle-face.
- She is generous and mild-mannered to everyone around her, even to those who don't respect her.
- She was one of Melissa Joan Hart's breakout roles.
- She can be selfish at times.
- She can be as manipulative as Ferguson.