"Don't let your kids watch this!" - Robbie Rotten
This article contains potentially sensitive content that may be discomforting or upsetting to certain users. Reader discretion is advised!
Clancy Gilroy is the main protagonist of the Netflix adult animated series The Midnight Gospel, his occupation is a spacecaster (a space podcaster), who interviewed beings from other worlds about controversial topics (like death, drugs, magic, etc.), exploring observational questions linking the living and dying worlds and collecting funky shoes from the being's universe.
He was voiced by the creator of the show and host of the Duncan Trussel's Family Hour Duncan Trussell.
Why He Rocks
- While he was doing interviews with other beings he never rudely interrupted them nor disrespect their views/beliefs (similar to his voice actor Duncan Trussell during his real-life podcasts).
- His moronic behavior can be also funny, and yet comprehensible like his cursing and clumsiness, and He also has a sense of humor, especially when he cursed at David (one of the beings he interviewed) at "Vulture with Honor" before he calms him down by meditating.
- His memorable lines like "How about you take a seat on my FUCKING face, Mr. Meditation Man?", "Trudy BITCH! I'm too tough for you, duuude", and "Am I dead?", most of them have mostly come from the voice actor's podcast.
- His amazing and creative avatars like a xylophone rainbow avatar, a muscular man, a white version of himself that looks like it is made out of cream, a fat chicken-headed avatar, and an egg-shaped version of himself with a big nose, etc.
- He has a good and virtuous singing voice, especially in I Am Not Alive in the season finale Mouse of Silver.
- He cares about his dog Charlotte (formerly the President/Glasses Man's dog) and they are seen to help each other out.
- His design is excellent and cool but simple especially his purple witch hat, red and golden skirt, and some colorful headsets during his podcasts.
- He seems to be more energetic and peaceful while interviewing other beings.
- He does not take care of his computer, which caused him to almost die in the finale, but thankfully he survived.
- He gave birth to his mom after she died, which is weird and a bit awkward.
- In the second episode "Officers and Wolves," he told the deer-dogs that he was 44 years old, which is possibly the face that humanoids in the Chromatic Ribbon age much faster than humans.
- In the same episode, he said that says he thinks clowns are "cool."
- He's the only character in the show to appear in every episode.
- Some of the beings that he interviewed called him Duncan due to the fact it was the name of his voice actor.