(Redirected from Cindy Vortex (Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius/The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius))
Cynthia "Cindy" Aurora Vortex is one of the main characters from The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius. She is Jimmy's female counterpart, arch-rival, and eventual girlfriend. She used to be the smartest kid in her old school until she moved across the street from Jimmy's house. Since then, she has been trying to regain her old reputation.
Why She Rocks
- She is very smart, kind, independent, loving, caring, and good-hearted, if also spoiled, bossy, prideful, competitive, sarcastic, and stubborn.
- Like Garfield: Her sarcasm is hilarious. Especially how she teases Jimmy & comically makes fun of other male characters such as Sheen for their blunders with her snarky attitude when something goes wrong out of Jimmy's pride for example.
- Despite her snarkiness, short-temperedness, arrogance, and fitful jealousy, she has a good heart and actually cares about Jimmy secretly. Especially when she usually picks on Jimmy but she only does this to mask her love for him.
- Despite her seemingly cold and condescending demeanor, she and Jimmy are very much alike; she loves science as much as he does, loves having adventures with her friends, and doesn't seem to be very popular or have a lot of friends. It is also shown that Cindy secretly wants to be as brilliant and smart as Jimmy and looks up to him and really does care about him.
- She is also a great friend to Libby. Their friendship is very strong and they are clearly very close, though it is made apparent that Libby is a closer friend to Cindy than Brittany.
- Cindy is also shown to be a very compassionate person, as it is shown that she does not appreciate it when Jimmy is heartbroken or depressed, and she actually tries to comfort him. One example is in the movie when Jimmy starts crying and feeling sorry for himself after realizing the abduction is his fault and she goes to comfort him.
- Another example is in "Billion Dollar Boy", when she realizes that Eustace is a petty, sadistic jerk and he was only using her and the others to hurt Jimmy and then have Jimmy watch Goddard die. When a heartbroken Jimmy thinks he's lost Goddard forever, Cindy looks especially regretful.
- She is very athletic and practices a lot of martial arts sports.
- Cindy serves as Jimmy's voice of reason in later episodes and usually warns and reminds him of the consequences of his actions and tells him to think his plans through.
- She has a good character design.
- Carolyn Lawrence does an amazing job at voicing her.
- She tends to be very argumentative. Especially when in the series, she's become more stubborn and she and Jimmy fight more than in the 2001 movie, where she was revealed to be a lot kinder than she seemed and she and Jimmy got along better as result by films' end.
- She can be very bratty if she doesn't get what she wants. Especially when she tries to make excuses to justify her actions in order to maintain the image she wants people to have of her.
- She is very spoiled and has a large ego. She loves being the center of attention and will do anything for fame and money, even if it means constantly annoying people by reminding them how talented and beautiful she is. This only ever works to draw attention away from her talent and beauty, and instead towards her vanity.
- In "Who Framed Jimmy", she didn't care that Jimmy has been sent to prison and tries to turn him in to get the reward money.
- She can be too competitive.
- For some reason, her design was completely changed in the series, and, depending on your opinion, it looks ugly and poorly detailed compared to the original (the only exception being the shoes), same with Libby and Nick in season 2-3. Fortunately, most Jimmy Neutron games ignored this change and kept her movie design.
- She is the only main character from the original Jimmy Neutron series who doesn't have a Planet Sheen counterpart.
- Pages using Tabber parser tag
- Nickelodeon characters
- Jimmy Neutron characters
- Cartoon characters
- Cute characters
- In love
- Characters with Insecurity
- Decent characters
- Intelligent characters
- Friendly characters
- Sarcastic characters
- Characters that have traveled through time
- Funny characters
- Hilarious characters
- 2000s characters
- TV characters
- Likable characters
- CGI characters