Chitoge Ichijō (一条 千棘, Ichijō Chitoge; (née Kirisaki (桐崎)) is the main female protagonist of the Nisekoi series. She is the daughter of Adelt Wogner Kirisaki and Hana Kirisaki and the love interest of Raku Ichijō. She also serves as the fake girlfriend of Raku for the next three years of her school life to prevent a war from starting between their families.
She is voiced by Nao Toyama.
Why She Rocks
- Chitoge has a cute design. Mostly her red ribbon often steals the show.
- She is smart, athletic, and helpful. Chitoge is the type of person that wants to have fun and live more out of life.
- Her love-hate relationship with Raku is somewhat entertaining. Even if she doesn't know or admit that she actually cares for him.
- In the manga, back when Raku had amnesia, she let him sleep in her room.
- When Raku lost his pendant once again from the chain being broken, Chitoge had secretly gotten the Beehive gang to help fix it for him and gave it back later that night.
- Chitoge was taught self-defense as a young child, honed by her habit of playing with her mafia members. Considering she's very strong.
- It's also shown that she's very intelligent too. Chitoge is often mentioned as a talented prodigy, who can obtain good grades even without effort being put in.
- While it is true that her anger can often get the best of her, Chitoge shows remorse for her actions. It also humanizes her character and becomes relatable.
- Because of her mafia family, Chitoge is easily mistaken to be a criminal, and she had a hard time making friends, which is one of the reasons why she can be brash at times.
- She's very friendly and talkative to Onodera, her sister Haru, Ruri, and Tsugumi.
- Her zettai ryouiki. While not on par with Rin Tohsaka from the Fate series, it does actually make her character design pretty sexy.
- Her hot-headedness can sometimes lead to trouble:
- She can either be arrogant, forgetful, and/or too violent at times.
- She gets jealous easily.
- As mentioned earlier, her anger does get the best of her.
- Chitoge's inexperienced when it comes to cooking, because one time she cooked scrambled eggs, it was questionably shaped like a cube.
- It was out of character for her to fly away to America after finding out that Raku likes Onodera, rather than just confronting them.
- Like Akame, her character development can get very clunky and inconsistent.
- The name Chitoge means "thousand" (千) (chi) and "thorn" (棘) (toge). Her surname Kirisaki means "paulownia" (桐) (kiri) and "cape, peninsula" (崎) (saki).
- Her voice actress Nao Toyama, also voiced Rin Shima from Yurucamp, Yui Yuigahama from OreGairu series, Tomoe Koga from Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai, and Nagisa Shiota from Assassination Classroom.
- Her CD Drama voice actress Haruka Tomatsu is most famous for Asuna Yuuki from the Sword Art Online series, Haru Okumura from Persona 5, Nashiro Yasuhina from Tokyo Ghoul, Zero Two from Darling in the Franxx, Haruka Takayama from Sakura Trick and Kyouko Hori from Hori-san to Miyamura-kun.
- She can be unlocked as a costume in Super Mario Maker.
- Her birthday is on June 7.
- According to Hana Kirisaki, Chitoge started wearing Hana's ribbon because Raku Ichijō said that it would look good on her.
- In the Nisekoi one-shot (original concept for the series), Chitoge's signature ribbon does not take the form of bunny ears. Instead, it is a more subtle accessory, simply tying together two buns on either side of her head. Furthermore, it is noted that her reason for becoming an excellent student (who, in the concept, is shown to score additional extra credit on top of flawless scores) is to spite Raku, who hated her since the events of ten years ago. In the final manga, Chitoge is still an excellent student but only because she has had an education in the US.
- In Chapter 220, it is revealed that Chitoge is the one who gave Kosaki Onodera the book as a sign of their friendship.
- Chitoge was originally the one with the key to open the lock pendant, but she gave it to Kosaki, effectively ruling her out as one of the possible promise girls.
- Chitoge is one of the most popular girls in series, either between Marika Tachibana or Kosaki, shown in Japanese polls. She ranked 1st in the last popularity poll.
- She has a child named Haku Ichijo.
- American characters
- Japanese characters
- Anime characters
- Cute characters
- Martial artists
- Shonen jump characters
- Shueisha characters
- 2010s characters
- Intelligent characters
- Friendly characters
- Wrathful characters
- Live-action characters
- Movie characters