Chip and Dale are a duo of cartoon characters created in 1943 by The Walt Disney Company. As anthropomorphic chipmunk brothers, their names are a pun on the name of the 18th-century cabinet maker and furniture designer Thomas Chippendale.
Why They Are Two Cute Chipmunks
- They both make a great duo as mischievous chipmunks.
- Their personalities are unique as Chip is the sane, focused, and logical thinker of the duo and Dale is the dim-witted, laid-back, and impulsive one.
- Their designs are very cute and adoring and different as Chip has a black nose and smooth hair while Dale has a big red nose, buck teeth, and ruffled hair.
- Their names are a pun on a the name of the famous 18th-century cabinet maker and furniture designer Thomas Chippendale.
- They learned the lesson that Alvin and the Chipmunks didn't and let go of their annoying high-pitched voices in 2022's Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers.
- They became famous for tormenting Pluto in their debut "Private Pluto" (1943) and "Squatter's Rights" (1946) and didn't get their names until "Chip an' Dale" (1947) where they became more famous for tormenting their new adversary Donald Duck and continued to appear in shorts with them and even spawned their own cartoon series that only lasted for 3 cartoons.
- Their rivalry with Donald is very awesome, and the abuse they inflict on him is usually justified as Donald often picks on them via either stealing their food or cutting down their tree for his own personal gain, though they sometimes tease Donald unprovoked (see BQ#1).
- They became so famous that they starred in their own television series Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers, and starred with Mickey Mouse and the others in Mickey Mouse Works, House of Mouse, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse, and Mickey and the Roadster Racers and even starred in their next series Chip 'n' Dale: Park Life.
- Despite Dale being dim-witted, he comes up great ideas that make him and Chip come out on top.
- Despite their rivalry with Donald Duck and Pluto, they get along quite well with Mickey Mouse (despite antagonizing him in Mickey Mouse Works episode "Mickey's Mixed Nuts"), Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Daisy Duck, Huey, Dewey and Louie, Horace Horsecollar, Clarabelle Cow, Max Goof, and Scrooge McDuck. They are also sometimes, albeit rarely, on good terms with Donald and Pluto, most notably in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Mickey and the Roadster Racers.
- They care about each other.
The Only Bad Qualities
- They sometimes antagonize Donald and Pluto unprovoked.
- In the Mickey Mouse Works cartoon "Mickey's Mixed Nuts", they also antagonized Mickey, who's usually a nice guy and someone they didn't usually antagonize.
- Like Alvin and the Chipmunks, their high-pitched voices can get very annoying. Thankfully, Disney learned their lesson in 2022's Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers.
- Disney characters
- Cartoon characters
- TV characters
- 1940s characters
- 1950s characters
- 1960s characters
- 1970s characters
- 1980s characters
- 1990s characters
- 2000s characters
- 2010s characters
- 2020s characters
- Mickey Mouse characters
- Cute characters
- Titular characters
- Hilarious characters
- Likable characters
- Friendly characters
- Intelligent characters
- Dumb characters
- Internet memes
- American characters
- Disney Channel characters
- Disney Junior Characters
- Kingdom Hearts characters
- Important characters