Carl Tennyson is Sandra Tennyson's husband and the father of Ben. He is the son of Max and Verdona. He is also Frank's brother. While he did have a bad introduction in the Alien Force episode, "Grounded", he’s become a better character in later appearances in the franchise.
Why He Rocks Now
- Carl has grown from a very strict overprotective father, to a kinder and more gentle man who makes sure his son is at his best and is safe, and does not go too overboard when punishing his son.
- While he had a short appearance in the Ultimate Alien episode, "Hit 'Em Where They Live", he did get a more bigger role in the Ben 10 animated movie in 2012, Destroy All Aliens", which is good.
- He did punish Ben during said movie, but it’s much more understandable since he wasn’t too strict with him, and just made him stay home and do his history report.
- He’s shown to be a more caring father, such as telling Gwen and Max that Ben ran away, showing worry for his son and wanting to make sure he’s ok.
- He’s does not have anything negative about himself, as turning into an alien was an accident because of Ben’s malfunctioning Omnitrix, and after he was turned back to normal, he calmly tries to recall when he grounded Ben, even if he decides he didn’t because he totally forgot.
- Dee Bradley Baker and Yuri Lowenthal (who also voices Ben) did a good job voicing him.
- He did not have a good introduction back in Alien Force, along with Sandra.
- He only had a small role in Ultimate Alien and Destroy All Aliens, with the former being an even smaller role.
- He sadly never appeared in Omniverse, while Sandra did.