Captain Olimar is the main character of the Pikmin franchise. He is a very small astronaut who winds up on a strange planet, and encounters plant creatures that he names Pikmin.
Why He Rocks
- Olimar acts as the leader and commander of the Pikmin, and uses them to find different items and defeat certain enemies.
- Throughout the games, he writes several journal entries/monolouges about the game, including onions, pellets, and the Red Bulborb.
- His love of Pikpik Carrots is what he named the Pikmin after.
- Even when Olimar is alone, he can still battle enemies with a weak punch attack.
- He is notable as being the one who discovers every type of Pikmin to date.
- Olimar is also the first Hocotate Freight employee who discovered the planet where the Pikmin live.
- In the later Pikmin games, he teams up with not only his Pikmin, but also Louie, Alph, and Brittany to do more treasure hunting.
- Speaking of which, he has a good teamwork with them, and cares about them very much.
- His design can be cute depending on your view.
- Olimar is pretty vulnerable and weak on his own.
- He also cannot progress through the planets without the Pikmin to help him.
- Olimar isn't playable for most of Pikmin 3, the protagonist role going to Alph.
- He did appear in the Smash series ever since Brawl, but like Sonic, he was poorly developed; most of his attacks just involve him using his Pikmin as weapons. But thankfully, he was not the reason of Brawl's delay.