Canalo is RyusoulGold of the Ryusoulgers and one of the main protagonists of Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger.
Why He Rocks
- He's friendly, dorky, and joins up with the Ryusoulgers quickly.
- His quest of wanting to find a girlfriend to repopulate the Sea Ryusoul Tribe is the source of a lot of humor, but isn't overdone and doesn't get in the way of the main plot of the show.
- While he starts off wary of the land Ryusoul Tribe, he is willing to work with them and eventually forges a bond with them.
- Also, while it is a core part of his character, it doesn't render Canalo incompetent and he's still able to act heroic and focused in spite of it.
- He has a fun dynamic with his younger sister Oto, being the caring but awkward older brother to her energetic little sister.
- His dynamic with his mentor/Kishiryu, MosaRex, is also entertaining to watch and Canalo is eventually able to get MosaRex to put aside his distrust of the land Ryusoulgers.
- He gets three episodes to introduce his character and develop his relationship with the other Ryusoulgers, but while he gets his own arc he doesn't push the other team members out of focus.
- In the crossover with Kiramager, he had a funny moment where he fell in love with Yodonna, but ended up rejecting her because she was evil, showing that Canalo puts bros before hos.
The Only Bad Quality
- His arc was a bit of a repeat of Bamba and Towa's arc earlier in the show.