Karen Beecher (also known as Bumblebee) is one of the main characters in the second generation of the DC Super Hero Girls franchise. She is a member of the Super Hero Girls and a student at Metropolis High School.
Why She Rocks
- She's a very likable hero who she and her friends are willing to stop crime in Metropolis.
- She’s unique compared to her first generation counterpart, as while G1 Bumblebee was a Teen Titan (a mixed team of boys and girls), this Bumblebee is part of the Superhero Girls team (which consists of all girls).
- Her voice acting is great, as she was voiced by Kimberly Brooks.
- Her friendship with her friends is wonderful, especially with the rest of the Super Hero Girls, and Carter.
- Speaking of Carter, they have a great friendship, as she helps him reunite with his long lost love, Shiera, and also understands his tragic past of his dangerous enemy, Hath-Set, who comes every time Carter is dating his love, and defeats and kills them both in every life they lived in. Karen even offered to have her and her team face Hath-Set for him.
- Karen is also shown to be intelligent, as she is seen using her small size to her advantage, and also use a unique fighting style, the Beeline, where she comes at her foe flying in her bee size, then changes to her normal human size to tackle them hard.
- She has good talents as well, such as inventing her super suit.
- She’s very shy and nervous, which is understandable giving she’s the weakest of the girls and is very scared of facing danger directly.
- When she notices a bad situation, she immediately gets to resolving it, and even faces her fears to save the day and help her friends take down the bad guys.
- Her character design is cute.
- She is very loyal to her team, when compared to her Teen Titans GO! counterpart.
- TTG!'s Bumblebee eventually left the Titans, which hurt their feelings. For how unlikable TTG!'s Titans are, even they didn’t deserve this. This Bumblebee, however, is very loyal to her team and would never leave them. This shows when she defends her team from her alternate future self, Night Sting, and says to her "I’m definitely never EVER gonna grow up to be a jerk like YOU!"
- Not to mention, this Bumblebee is far more likable, has more action scenes, and has a cuter character design.
- Speaking of which, she is a good friend to TTG!'s Titans in "Superhero Fued" and "Space House".
- She has a lot of funny and iconic moments in the series.
- She can be a coward sometimes whenever she’s not fighting supervillains, but she has gotten braver as the series went on.
- She has some limitations on what she can do due to her small size.
- She sometimes can be unlikable at times or have episodes that show her at her worst such as Crushing It and Scrambled Eggs (the show's version of Get the Hock Out from Buddy Thunderstruck).
- She is currently the only member of the team to not have her parents physically appear in the show.