Buddy the Elf is the main protagonist of the 2003 Jon Favreau Christmas comedy film Elf. He was portrayed by Will Ferrell.
Why He Spreads Christmas Cheer
- Buddy likes seeing on the bright side and helps people celebrate Christmas.
- Will Ferrell did an amazing job playing Buddy and is one of his most memorable roles.
- He had a lot of memorable quotes including “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color?”, “Son of a Nutcracker!”, “What’s a Christmasgram? I want one!” and “He’s an angry elf.”
- He had a healthy relationship with Jovie and they eventually become parents.
- His costume design is iconic and is reminiscent of 1960s Rankin-Bass Christmas specials.
- Buddy learns from his mistakes quite well and tries his best to spread Christmas cheer.
- He is very good at snowball fights and is able to throw dozens of snowballs at boys. In a deleted scene, he is also good at ice hockey.
- He got into a fight with a mall Santa simply because he’s not the real Santa Claus. Luckily, Buddy learned from his mistakes.
- Since he’s a human raised by elves, he had a hard time being so tall.
- He gets drunk while sorting the mail even though he thought it was syrup and coffee.
- He initially lacked some social skills. He was by the women’s room and saw Jovie. He also gave his dad a bra.
- Many of his quotes became Internet memes.
- Maurice LaMarche provided the vocal effects for his burp after Buddy ate spaghetti with syrup and soda.