Boyfriend is the overall main protagonist of the Friday Night Funkin' animations made by Fera Animations. In the videos, he is a semi-famous rapper who gets into odd situations with his friends. He is also currently dating Girlfriend, whose parents (mostly her father) want to either humiliate or kill him for doing so.
Why He Funkin' Rocks
- He is one of the few characters in Fera Animations who isn’t unlikable or mean-spirited, which is saying a lot.
- Unlike his canon counterpart, he is given a distinctive personality. He is kind and courageous, as he wants everyone around him to have a good time, even if those people are his enemies.
- He was the only one to give Sky a present on her birthday, despite her obsessive personality towards him.
- Boyfriend is a well-meaning person, as he likes to spend time with his friends, and even buries the hatchet with his enemies if they are willing to make peace.
- His design is good.
- His voice acting, while not heard often, is good.
- He is very nice to the people around him.
- Despite everything said above, some of the earlier episodes can depict Boyfriend as mean and disrespectful. This is most notably displayed where he victory dances on Garcello's corpse after his spirit seemingly departed to the after life. Garcello, however, noticed this and spent the entirety of the episode tormenting Boyfriend as revenge.
- Much like the other characters, his design, while good, can look a bit creepy and crude when he is making funny faces.
- He can be unlikable sometimes, although certainly not to the extent of Girlfriend.