|This page needs some cleaning up to meet Incredible Characters Wiki's quality standards.|
If this page looks good to you, you may remove this template.
Blastoise (Japanese: カメックス Kamex) is a Water-type Pokémon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Wartortle starting at level 36. It is the final form of Squirtle.
Why It Rocks
- He has one of the coolest designs of all the Pokémon, being a giant turtle mixed with a freaking tank.
- It is one of the best starters, having really good stats. If you mega evolve it, his stats get even better.
- He also bears a resemblance to Mario's longtime nemesis.
- His Mega and Gigantamax designs are also really cool.
- Not only is his original card rare and valuable, it was also really good when it first came out. It was used in the powerful Rain Dance deck and won several tournaments. In fact, all of his cards are really good.
- He is an iconic fan-favorite among many Pokémon fans due to his appearance, Gary owning one, his original card, his iconic moves such as Hydro Pump, Rain Dance and Bubble, his appearance on the cover art for Pokémon Blue version and his excellent stats in the games.
- Eric Stuart and Unsho Ishizuka do an excellent job at voicing him.
- He has spawned tons of merchandise, including action figures, plushies, DVDs, books and clothes.
- While Ash doesn't own one due to him not evolving his Squirtle, his rivals do, including Gary and Tierno. The Elite Four member Siebold also owns one in the anime.
- He was even going to be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but he was sadly scrapped from the game, however he was a Pokeball Pokémon in Smash 64 and Melee and a spirit in Ultimate.
- Since he is a Water-Type, he is excellent against Rock and Fire type gyms and Elite Four members.
The Only Bad Quality
- He is weak to Electric and Grass type Pokémon.