Beavis and Butt-head are the titular protagonists and anti-heroes of the franchise of the same name. They are best friends (and implied to be half-brothers).
Why They Scored Chicks And Nachos
- They are a very hilarious duo of mischievous idiots.
- Their mannerisms of breathing, chuckling, and murmuring not only enforce their idiocy, it make them iconic.
- Despite them being a pair of Idiot-Houdinis, their stupidity and crude jokes somehow never get old and it can even be cleverly done at times.
- They are the perfect example of making Idiot-Houdinis actually likable, funny and well-written.
- Because their idiocy isn't always done in an intentionally malicious manner, they just cause trouble because they don't know any better and often make fools of themselves in comical ways, they are often unaware of what they cause aside from good things that happen all around them and their stupidity can be unintentionally helpful to other people as a result.
- Speaking of which, their goals are to score and have fun doing just about anything. Their entertainingly aimless adventures are very much, it's simple but effective.
- While in the first two seasons, their traits were often interchangeable, they eventually evolved into two different personalities. This is evident with Beavis, who went from being Butt-head's lesser-minded sidekick with an obsession with fire and violence to an even crazier, more ill-tempered and erratic individual, but with occasional bouts of intelligence, knowledge, wisdom, and politeness. It's also worth mentioning that he got to be the voice of reason to Butt-Head on some occasions and even stand up for himself, leading to some cathartic moments involving Beavis kicking Butt-head's nads once he exaggerates his abusive treatment.
- Speaking of the latter, Butthead became more of a ladies' man wannabe with a dirty and misogynistic mind who's fairly chill and laid-back despite often being the machiavellian driving force of the two's schemes.
- Their music video skits are very fascinating to watch. Especially when they have more of an observant and perceptive persona in the music videos they watch compared to the episodes that focus on their extremely empty-headed antics.
- They used to work at Burger World, and although they caused havoc there, they never got fired, making their lucky nature very entertaining to watch.
- They also spawned two awesome movies such as "Beavis and Butt-head Do America" and "Beavis and Butt-head Do The Universe".
- They are also one of MTV's most hilarious, timeless, and iconic characters.
- They are incredibly voiced by the series creator Mike Judge who did an awesome job at voicing the two, with Beavis having a stuttering, raspy, and guttural voice typical of a madman, while Butt-head has a more low-pitched, soft-spoken but nasal and simpleton impression, which are both fitting for their personalities mentioned above.
- The Italian dub of Seasons 4, 5, and 7, performed respectively by the musicians Faso and Elio. Despite not being perfectly faithful to the source material, the impressions were still hilariously spot on and it managed to keep the substance of the slang sexual innuendo jokes. It was pretty much the reason the show was particularly well-remembered in Italy.
- Besides "This Sucks" and "This Rules", they also got some hilarious quotes like
- Two words: "This Sucks!"
- "He/She said (insert sexual innuendo here)... Uh-huhuhuhuh, that was cool!"
- "Fire, Fire, Fire, Fire!/Liar, Liar, Liar, Liar!"
- "This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphinter!"
- "Uh-huhuhuhuh, this is gonna be cool..."
- "Oh yeah. Maybe we can screw with your mom."
- "I am The Great Cornholio, I come from Lake Titikaka and I need TP/Pikata for my bunghole!"
- "Are you threatening me? My bunghole will not wait!"
- "No. Butt-Monkey, the world is ours remember? We can live wherever we want to."
- "Beavis. I have seen the top of the mountain, and it is good."
- "(Butt-Head:) Hey Beavis, your haircut sucks, (Beavis): Well YOURS sucks worse!"
"This Sucks" Qualities
- In Season 2, despite still being likable and simpathethic, they were depicted more as petty evil idiots who enjoyed wreaking havoc and usually got away scot-free from everything they caused.
- Butt-Head is often an abusive jerkass type of friend to Beavis, the latter having a little bit of a soft side compared to Butt-Head.
- That aside, while they both have their sadistic moments, Butt-Head seems to take enjoyment in being really sadistic and provocative towards Beavis's misfortunes for no good reason.
- In "Beavis and Butt-head Do The Universe", they nearly got to achieve their goal of scoring women at the end of the movie, Where Beavis's muttering and shyness over expressing his true feelings for Serena got in the way of what they nearly accomplished, but Smart Beavis gets in Beavis's way of them scoring since Smart Beavis and Smart Butt-Head said that there is no version of the duo that'll ever score and they both failed to score with Serena, resulting in Butt-Head calling Beavis a dumbass.
Similar to Ashley (WarioWare) They seems that they don't have or live with their parents