Beavis and Butt-head are the titular protagonists and anti-heroes of the franchise of the same name. They are best friends (and implied to be half-brothers).
Why They Are Cool
- They are a very hilarious duo of idiots.
- Their mannerisms of breathing, chuckling, and murmuring not only enforces their idiocy, it makes them iconic.
- Despite them being a pair of Idiot-Houdinis, their stupidity and crude jokes somehow never gets old and it can even be cleverly done at times.
- They are the perfect example of making Idiot-Houdinis actually likable, funny and well-written.
- Because their idiocy isn't always done in an intentionally malicious manner, they just cause trouble because they don't know any better and often make fools of themselves in comical ways, they are often unaware of what they cause aside from good things that happen all around them and their stupidity can be unintentionally helpful to other people as a result.
- Speaking of which, their goals are to score and basically have fun doing just about anything. Their entertainingly aimless adventures are very much, it's simple but effective.
- Their music video skits are very fascinating to watch. Especially when they have more of an observant and perceptive persona in the music videos they watch compared to the episodes that focus on their extremely empty-headed antics.
- They used to work at Burger World, and although they cause havoc there, they never got fired, making their lucky nature very entertaining to watch.
- They also spawned two great movies called "Beavis and Butt-head Do America" and "Beavis and Butt-head Do The Universe".
- They are also one of MTV's most hilarious, timeless, and iconic characters.
- Besides "This Sucks" and "This Rules", they also got some hilarious quotes like
- "Uh-huhuhuhuh, this is gonna be cool..."
- "Oh yeah. Maybe we can screw with your mom."
- "I am The Great Cornholio, and I need TP for my bunghole!"
- "No. Butt-Monkey, the world is ours remember? We can live wherever we want to."
- "Beavis. I have seen the top of the mountain, and it is good."
- "(Butt-Head:) Hey Beavis, your haircut sucks, (Beavis): Well YOURS sucks worse!"
- Two words: "This Sucks!"
- They usually face zero consequences in most episodes and are Scott-free from everything they cause.
- Butt-Head is often an abusive Jerkass type of brother to Beavis, the latter having a little bit of a soft side compared to Butt-Head.
- That aside, while they both have their sadistic moments, Butt-Head seems to take enjoyment in being really sadistic and provocative towards Beavis's misfortunes for no good reason.
- In "Beavis and Butt-head Do The Universe", they nearly got to achieve their goal of scoring women at the end of the movie, Where Beavis's muttering and shyness over expressing his true feelings for Serena got in the way of what they nearly accomplished, but Smart Beavis gets in Beavis's way of them scoring since Smart Beavis and Smart Butt-Head said that there is no version of the duo that'll ever score and they both failed to score with Serena, resulting in Butt-Head calling Beavis a dumbass.
- Dumb characters
- Beware the silly ones
- Cartoon characters
- 1990s characters
- 2010s characters
- 2020s characters
- Fan favorites
- TV characters
- Movie characters
- Internet memes
- Hilarious characters
- MTV characters
- Characters with blue and orange morality
- Accident-prone characters
- Characters that are incompetent
- Morally grey characters
- Sadistic characters
- Lucky characters
- Characters that are often misjudged
- Characters that have traveled through time
- Idiot Houdini