Beast Megatron is the leader of the Predacons and the main antagonist of the Beast Era of the Transformers Franchise and a major antagonist in the rest of the franchise. He is the descendant of the original G1 Megatron and transforms into a purple Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Why He's Both Alpha AND Omega, Yes
- He is absolutely hilarious.
- His designs are very cool.
- Much like Big Jack Horner, he is a very memorable character.
- He is an extremely smart mastermind.
- Speaking of smart, he uses his own minion's treachery to benefit himself and sometimes to put them back in line.
- He's one of the few villains in the franchise to truly succeed in many of his plans.
- His rivalry with Optimus Primal is as iconic as the rivalry between the original Optimus Prime and Megatron.
- He has a good origin story on where he found and stole the Golden Disk in The Theft of The Golden Disk.
- David Kaye does an amazing job voicing him.
- His iconic quote, "Yessssss!"
- His toy versions are great.
Bad Qualities, No
- He was sadly derailed from a smart mastermind into a stereotypical fanboy in Netflix's War For Cybertron Trilogy though he massively redeemed himself in the comic book reboot Beast Wars (2021).
- He lost his humor in Beast Machines, and he somehow hates organic life without any explanation and tries to rid the organic part of him when he could've easily just SCANNED a mechanical alt-mode.
- His line "Yes" became a meme.
- David Kaye would later voice the original Megatron in the Unicron Trilogy
- David Kaye also voiced Optimus Prime in Transformers: Animated.
- Beast Megatron can easily be compared to Barney the Dinosaur, Both are purple dinosaurs.