Garfield Mark "Gar" Logan, a.k.a. Beast Boy (sometimes "B.B.") is one of the four deuteragonists of the 2003 animated series Teen Titans and the movies Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo and Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans. He is a former member of the Doom Patrol and one of the five founding members of the Teen Titans.
Why He Rocks, Dude
- Beast Boy helped the Titans for years, working alongside the other four to protect Jump City from various menaces.
- His past is interesting, as when his parents were alive, he was bitten by a green monkey and got ill. His parents saved him by using a new serum, which got his superpowers as a side effect. Then, came the sad day his parents died in a boating accident, and so decided to become a superhero. He normally joined Doom Patrol, but thanks to Mento’s harsh nature, he eventually quit, and was able to later meet the Titans in Jump City, and has been on their team ever since.
- He is the most funny and hilarious member of the Titans, as he has many comedic moments with his jokes and pranks.
- Even with his comedic side, he isn’t afraid to be serious whenever he needs to work with his team and stop bad guys, and he’s proven many times that he’s a great hero.
- He cares about his friends very much and hates to see them get hurt, he especially likes hanging out with them, so that he doesn’t feel lonely. He also can see the good in his friends, and encourages them to let the goodness shine, like when he finally convinced Terra to fight against Slade and defeat him.
- He does grow more mature as the series progresses, this is especially shown in season 5, where it becomes the main focus. When they were dealing with The Brotherhood of Evil, he has a more serious side, like not wanting to talk about his rough past, and always willing to do anything for the sake of his friends, helping his old team and making sure his new team is safe.
- His relationship with Terra is cute.
- Greg Cipes does a cool and funny job voicing him.
Bad Qualities, Bruh
- Some of his jokes can be lame, and some of his pranks can sometimes backfire badly, like how one of his pranks didn’t work on Cyborg, and it hit Starfire instead, which caused a ripple in their friendship for most of the episode.
- His carefree attitude can make him lazy and obnoxious at times.
- Don't ask about his counterpart in Teen Titans Go!
- He is skilled in origami.
- Beast Boy is a vegetarian but not a vegan. Coincidently, his voice actor, Greg Cipes also eats only vegetables.
- He is the only male Titan with the natural ability to fly.
- During the series, Beast Boy says the word "dude" a total of 114 times.
- Beast Boy's skin may be furry as he implied he shampoos his whole body, not just the hair on his head. Of course, this was only shown once so it may be a joke.
- Beast Boy wears colorful boxers.
- Beast Boy seems to change into random animals when he's sick or disorientated.
- Out of all the Titans, Beast Boy is the only one without any sort of ranged capabilities, with Robin having his birdarangs and other gadgets, Starfire having her star bolts, Cyborg having his sonic cannon and missiles, and Raven having her darkness projectiles and telekinesis.
- Cartoon characters
- Warner Bros. characters
- Fan favorites
- Comic relief
- Intelligent characters
- Cartoon Network characters
- Dumb characters
- Hilarious characters
- Gullible characters
- Beware the nice ones
- Beware the silly ones
- Large Hams
- Friendly characters
- DC characters
- Teen Titans characters
- Cute characters
- Funny characters
- Comic Book characters
- 2000s characters
- American characters
- Movie characters
- Immature characters
- Internet memes
- Titular characters