“I'm not just a pretty face!”
― Bandana Waddle Dee • Kirby Star Allies
“Hey, Kirby! Boy, am I glad to see you! I got pulled through that vortex over Planet Popstar too. If you ever want a second player to join you, just let me know. I'll always be ready!”
― Bandana Waddle Dee • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Bandana Waddle Dee, sometimes abbreviated as B.W. Dee or nicknamed Bandana Dee, otherwise known simply as Waddle Dee, is a character in the Kirby series, debuting in Kirby Super Star. He is a Waddle Dee who wears a blue bandana. He has gone from being an insignificant, minor character in his first appearances to being a prominent figure who has appeared in almost every Kirby game to date since Kirby Super Star Ultra.
Why He's a Bandana Warrior
- He's King Dedede's loyal servant and Kirby's best friend since he often aids one of them whether he's following the former's orders or going on adventures with the latter.
- Bandana Waddle Dee is shown to be a friendly, cheerful, brave, smart and mindful bandana warrior who's willing to help out anyone in need.
- He shares good chemistry with Kirby, King Dedede and Meta Knight and he became friends with them ever since Kirby's Return to Dream Land/Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe. He's also good friends with Magolor, Elline and Elfilin since he's shown to interact with them and help them out.
- Speaking of design, like all Kirby characters, he does look really cute since Waddle Dee character wearing a bandana seemed pretty unique and clever.
- He also wields a spear as a weapon which shows how brave and courageous he is.
- Bandana Waddle Dee has a kind heart since he's often shown to be determined to save his fellow Waddle Dees and is often seen talking to them in Waddle Dee Town as seen in Kirby and the Forgotten Land.
- He's also shown to aid Kirby by giving him Assist Stars in Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Kirby: Planet Robobot.
- In the ending of Revenge of the King, he and his fellow Waddle Dees are shown to comfort King Dedede after he lost to Kirby and reassures him that he's not alone.
- Bandana Waddle Dee really loves apple juice and he considers it his favorite drink. His love for apple juice is pretty cute.
- Speaking of his love for apple juice, he's got a cute song that revolves around it by the name of "The Apple Juice Song".
- Initially, he's sometimes shown to have some insecurities such as worrying that he holds back his friends. For example, in Kirby Battle Royale, he tells Kirby that he's worried that he was holding him back throughout most of the Cake Royale.
- Because of his insecurities, Bandana Waddle Dee would sometimes have a habit of being very dependent, felling strength and fearlessness when with his friends and allies.
- This made him very shy and anxious. As a result, it would also lead him to feel worried that he can't do things by himself.